I am still unable to list items for sale...

S

Stangs530

I have been here for over a month now and I am still not able to list anything for sale... What gives? No one would give me a definite answer on when I can list things when I asked before.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I'm on the forum every day and have made a half dozen purchases from other members already. I assume they have their program figured out and hopefully I get a PM or something when I'm finally allowed to fully participate.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
There is a time limit and post limit. Neither have met the time limit, but some people I will waive it for them if I think they are trustworthy.

S

Stangs530

There is a time limit and post limit. Neither have met the time limit, but some people I will waive it for them if I think they are trustworthy.

So what are the limits? Why is it only this site does it? I am a member of many other sites and have never had to go through this. I don't post a lot, nor will I ever. I don't have the time nor do I see posting a bunch of nonsense or useless comments simply to get my post count up so that I can list something for sale.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
The admins on this site don't want people getting screwed over on a deal. It's happened before and there just trying to keep it from happening

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what are the limits? Why is it only this site does it? I am a member of many other sites and have never had to go through this. I don't post a lot, nor will I ever. I don't have the time nor do I see posting a bunch of nonsense or useless comments simply to get my post count up so that I can list something for sale.
Basically you have to be a productive member of this forum. They are keeping us safe from possible scammers (not saying your one). If you want to sell things dont you think you should get to know people and have a trustworthy reputation on here. Who is gonna buy from someone that they dont trust? Im not. This place is full of useful information and knowledgeable people.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've dealt with this on almost every forum I've ever been on. Listing items for sale on the forum is a privilege, not a right. We all are familiar with forums where too many people sign up simply to list something for sale in their first post (and then never return). I wholeheartedly agree with reserving ad privileges to established forum members and I don't have a problem waiting. The only unusual stipulation on this forum is that they don't tell you what the minimums are, but that just makes it more interesting.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you are just here to sell your shit and not contribute? This isnt fucking Ebay..

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you are just here to sell your shit and not contribute? This isnt fucking Ebay..

Can't speak for the other guy but if Squirrel had 454 posts in a month he is not just here to sell his stuff...and if you check his posts he has made some good contributions....just saying...:beerchug2:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score

^^^ ROFLMFAO! That's the way to say it straight up brother!

OP, contribute to the forums. Saying, "I don't see this on all the other forums I'm on" is child's play. If you're on so many other forums, then why do you need these forums to sell your shit? You should be able to sell on those other forums right?

If you don't like the rules, well then...

Theres_The_Door.jpg

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the other guy but if Squirrel had 454 posts in a month he is not just here to sell his stuff...and if you check his posts he has made some good contributions....just saying...:beerchug2:

It was geared more for the OP. But same still holds true for everyone...they dont like it? Too bad. This is a tech forum that has morphed into ebay.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
i love the rules! it keep the fly by night people out cause biggest part of the time they just want to screw someone. not all the time but most of the time.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

I appreciate the compliment, Greg. And Kimmer already noticed and adjusted the settings on my account.
:beer:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
i love the rules! it keep the fly by night people out cause biggest part of the time they just want to screw someone. not all the time but most of the time.

+1....exactly, the rules have been instated for a reason. If your just looking to sell then use one of the other forums you speak of that don't require any limitations....

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
^^^ ROFLMFAO! That's the way to say it straight up brother!

OP, contribute to the forums. Saying, "I don't see this on all the other forums I'm on" is child's play. If you're on so many other forums, then why do you need these forums to sell your shit? You should be able to sell on those other forums right?

If you don't like the rules, well then...

Theres_The_Door.jpg

^THIS

Maybe complain a little more and they will allow you in:kma:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kids lets play nice...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think VTXFrank (or somebody else) may have posted that image for me in my first thread here. :roflmao:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
The rules wont change, so of selling the only reason someone is here, they might as well leave. Yep, got skwerl taken care of.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back