I need help wit v6 auto ASAP

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
soo we were hooking up the stereo to my friends car...and we tried to hook up the dvd to be shorted this way it'll work if the car is in motion without the hand brake....and something went wrong....the radio does nto go on or of....it only comes on when you push the eject button....you can take the disk in and out.....and thats it...all fuses are good....but thats not the wierd thing the part that confuses me,is that the shifter doesnet move unles you press the relese/unlock sswitch next to it....what could be wrong/....I have trhe battery disconected as of now to try and reset it an see what happens but what could be fucked up....please answer asap since I'm out in the driveway with a flashlight....

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You tried to wire your hack incorrectly. Without knowing what stereo and what hack you were trying to use no one is going to be able to help you. Pics would help, but my suggestion would be to go back to the driections and see where you didn't follow them correctly. It is also possible that you didn't get the right wiring hack for the stereo your using.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
You tried to wire your hack incorrectly. Without knowing what stereo and what hack you were trying to use no one is going to be able to help you. Pics would help, but my suggestion would be to go back to the driections and see where you didn't follow them correctly. It is also possible that you didn't get the right wiring hack for the stereo your using.

I did it the same way I had it in my car
the handbrake wire is hooked to the hand brake wire on the stereo.....but how about the shifter...
why is that not working

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
it was working in my car and i did it exactly the same way.....thats not my biggest concern......my bigest concern is the shifter

i tryed reseting the ecm by disconecting the battery but it didn't work
is there a fuse or a relay for thge autos that might've meseed it up if shorted somewhere ?

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure of what may have gone wrong, but the first thing I would do is completely remove the new stereo and all of the wiring that you have installed. Then see what goes on with the shifter.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
ok the manual helped o the shifter situation....it was the fuse of the BTSI system....I replaced it everything works....
now....i plugged the factory rradio back on and still the same thing....it only goes between disks and wont start .....so,which fuses are involved in the stereo system
?.....I chechked the ones for the radioo,inside and andn under the hood...what could be causing this?

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a mutli-meter? If so, check all of your fuses, related or not.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
it sounds like you wired your accessory wire wrong. that you arent getting actual power to it when you turn the car on, if in fact you didnt blow the fuse

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
finaly figured it all out....there were a few blown fuses......I must've accidently touched the + to a bare metal somewhere which was causing all that.....I just started replacing every fuse on the inside /pass side and everything started working again.....there's nothing wrong with the stereo...that's the headunit from my car,and went in my buddys car....v6 auto,when i baypassed the e-brake wire that comes from the headunit(in order to make the DVD plays DVD's while driving....not that much for watching movies,but more for storeing music,since a dvd is like 4gig which is a lot of mp3s there).....I just had that wire grounded and everything was fine.....now on his car,the interior lights wont go off and ints grounded and wired the same way as in my car...I know that's because of the grounded e brake wire.....but why was fine in my car?is the v6 any different?or maybe a fuse...i dont know which ones i changed...i was just changing fuses till I got the right ones.....and NO...not on every fuse the metal in the middle is braking....the one on the headunit itself was bad too.....15A fuse....not a sign of being burned out,the metal in the middle wasant poped....tried another one,works with no problems...

so now my Q is.....how do I get the friggin lights to go off.....which fuse will they be on?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
finaly figured it all out....there were a few blown fuses......I must've accidently touched the + to a bare metal somewhere which was causing all that.....I just started replacing every fuse on the inside /pass side and everything started working again.....there's nothing wrong with the stereo...that's the headunit from my car,and went in my buddys car....v6 auto,when i baypassed the e-brake wire that comes from the headunit(in order to make the DVD plays DVD's while driving....not that much for watching movies,but more for storeing music,since a dvd is like 4gig which is a lot of mp3s there).....I just had that wire grounded and everything was fine.....now on his car,the interior lights wont go off and ints grounded and wired the same way as in my car...I know that's because of the grounded e brake wire.....but why was fine in my car?is the v6 any different?or maybe a fuse...i dont know which ones i changed...i was just changing fuses till I got the right ones.....and NO...not on every fuse the metal in the middle is braking....the one on the headunit itself was bad too.....15A fuse....not a sign of being burned out,the metal in the middle wasant poped....tried another one,works with no problems...

so now my Q is.....how do I get the friggin lights to go off.....which fuse will they be on?

:omfg: maxpayne has a v6 question???! lol. na, seriously, It is probably wired incorrectly and could be grounding somewhere n (most likely) causing the lights to remain on and not be so much a fuse problem as incorrect or faulty wiring. Hope you get it fixed man. And I can tell you the ebrake wiring is no different. What head unit are you putting in there if you don't mind me asking..

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
:omfg: maxpayne has a v6 question???! lol. na, seriously, It is probably wired incorrectly and could be grounding somewhere n (most likely) causing the lights to remain on and not be so much a fuse problem as incorrect or faulty wiring. Hope you get it fixed man. And I can tell you the ebrake wiring is no different. What head unit are you putting in there if you don't mind me asking..

its a JVC avx810..7" touchscreen dvd....the only foulty ground is the park prake wire that comes from the headunit,bypassed in order to make it work.....exactly how I had it in my car...i dont get it

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
I still havent figured out how tho fix the interior lights to go off....are they conected in any way to the hand brake system?.....all I did was grounded the hand brake wire that comes from the headunit's harness so the dvd works while the car is in motion...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back