I swear I'm keeping my S197!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
nice pickup!!
I've been wanting to do the same thing myself....we've actually been shopping around for '11-14 cts-v sedans for a family car that I can daily...lol

Wow, a late model CTS-V would be one helluva cool daily driver! Room for the family and that sweet supercharged 6.2L V8 is a winning combo.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, the problem is, is it even worth keeping the mustang?? I barely have time to enjoy the mustang as it is...and when the kids come, fughettaboutit...can't possibly fathom getting rid of the mustang though, I love driving this thing.
how did you convince yourself to get two pony cars? is the mustang going to be serious track duty only?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
yeah, the problem is, is it even worth keeping the mustang?? I barely have time to enjoy the mustang as it is...and when the kids come, fughettaboutit...can't possibly fathom getting rid of the mustang though, I love driving this thing.
how did you convince yourself to get two pony cars? is the mustang going to be serious track duty only?

We paid down a lot of debt in the last couple of years, freeing up a bunch of room in our budget, making an extra car easy to do. My Mustang is nearly paid off, so as soon as it is I'll consider a few well selected mods to get the car into the high 10's without going crazy. It'll stay street legal and I will keep it 100% intact (seats, spare, interior, etc.). This '14 GT is certainly the best car I've ever owned and I could never sell it willingly.

When I was in college (back in the late 80's) I owned a new '89 Mustang LX 5.0L, '68 Pontiac GTO, and a 427 Chevy Nova all at the same time. Was fun to decide which car to drive each day to match my mood. After college, I had a career, kids, etc. to consider, and I narrowed it down to one hotrod and a minivan to be sensible and responsible. Now the kids are grown up and we can finally afford to play.

Still learning all the tech in the Scat Pack. Need better traction to exploit the Super Track Pack feature and Launch Control. Even Sport Mode makes it way too easy to blaze the tires with even the slightest bit of throttle. Reminds me of every 2007 or newer GT500 I've ever driven - too much power and too little tire!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
How do you feel about the interior? Has Dodge stepped their quality and appeal in that area?

I don't like the huge expanse of rubbery material on the top of the dash, but the the rest of the interior seems decent. Overall, I like my '14 GT's interior better, but some parts of the Challenger's interior are nicer (honeycomb metal on the center stack, suede seat inserts, cooled seats).

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I am pretty brand loyal...I love Fords. But in fairness, my family owned Ford Lincoln Mercury dealerships the majority of my life, up until just a few years ago, so it's pretty well ingrained in me! LOL

That being said, I'd rock a Challenger in a New York Second! That and a Corvette would be the only non-blue oval cars that I'd ever seriously consider. Beautiful car, you have there, sir.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I am pretty brand loyal...I love Fords. But in fairness, my family owned Ford Lincoln Mercury dealerships the majority of my life, up until just a few years ago, so it's pretty well ingrained in me! LOL

That being said, I'd rock a Challenger in a New York Second! That and a Corvette would be the only non-blue oval cars that I'd ever seriously consider. Beautiful car, you have there, sir.

Thank you! Like you, I'm relatively brand loyal (to a point). I've worked at a Ford Lincoln Mercury dealership for the past 17 years and my wife has worked there for 20 years, so we've certainly bought a lot of FoMoCo products over the years. That said, I can certainly appreciate anything that's fast, regardless of manufacturer. If Ford offered a big V8 in a RWD coupe larger than a Mustang (i.e. Aussie FPV Falcon or modern day Torino, anyone!?) I'd have bought it.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the interior? Has Dodge stepped their quality and appeal in that area?

I had a 14' Challenger Shaker. Loved everything about the car but the interior. It really was dated pretty much back to 2009. When they came out with the 15' interior I tried to ignore it. My mistake was sitting in my very SRT that the dealer brought to Nashville Cars and Coffee. The new interior, dash, console, gauges and all new infotainment system sold me. Stepping up to the 6.4L along with the 8 spd trans was a nice bonus too. But yeah, I absolutely love the 15 interior.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back