I think I met my ET limit with my combo.....

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll come back with the updates after this Saturday's TnT at Cecil!

08Spdemon

Reaction score
HAHAHA we tie again!! Hey Laura how ya been, havent been on in a while, but anyway it just so happens that my fastest so far is a 12.71 at 109! ...that is before my new shaftmasters one piece was just installed hehe, havent ran since but hoping to squeeze another tenth or two out of her. and i thought you had more done to your suspension then that?
-Will

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA we tie again!! Hey Laura how ya been, havent been on in a while, but anyway it just so happens that my fastest so far is a 12.71 at 109! ...that is before my new shaftmasters one piece was just installed hehe, havent ran since but hoping to squeeze another tenth or two out of her. and i thought you had more done to your suspension then that?
-Will
Hey Will! Bring your but to Cecil on Saturday. Yeah, we are dead even, AGAIN, lol. We still need to finish our grudge races. Maybe that will help us push out a tenth or two.

Nope, still stock struts and shocks.

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I was thinking about going this Saturday but they are now saying temps in the low 70s which will be a beautiful day but probably not ideal for a new best.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, TnT starts at 8ish so it should still be cool enough to get in a few runs before it gets too hot.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Went to the strip today to race. It was my birthday, so what a better way to spend it than burning rubber.

I figured with the cool air I could break into the 12.6s and hopefully 12.5s. Unfortunately, it wasn't there for me. I could NOT get out of the 12.7s. I should have took my luck up with some bracket racing today. Constant 1.70-1.75 sixty foots and ETs averaging from 12.71-12.78.

I changed up the tire pressure from 20 to 15 psi. I was launching between 5500-6000rpm. Nothing......

I guess I should be happy with my consistency, but damn! The car felt strong. I did bog a bit a couple times when shifting from 1st to second.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions....... I have plans to add a few things over the winter to my NA build................ http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43410 .....

BUT I am trying to see if there is anything I need to do/can to improve my ETs with my CURRENT set-up!!!!!!

Mod list:

Steeda CAI
4.10s
LCAS
UCA
1-piece D/S
Hurst shifter
Radiator/FSB delete
Kooks LTs/Pypes O/R H-pipe/FRPP Stingers
Steeda delete plates
I had a similar set up on my 07, except I had Steeda Pullies, and my Kooks had hi flow cats. I also ran 12.7 here in cali, but at a track that is know to be like 3 tenths off, so I think the pullies and putting them CMDP might help, since I have not seen anyone benefit from them(they hurt your bottom end)
My tuner also recommended I swapped the thermostat to a 180 degrees, the idea is that the computer won't pull as much timing when reaching normal operating temperature, my 60ft were also in the 1.69-1.70

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We should all be getting personal bests in that cool air, likely to be in high 40s, low 50s...

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a similar set up on my 07, except I had Steeda Pullies, and my Kooks had hi flow cats. I also ran 12.7 here in cali, but at a track that is know to be like 3 tenths off, so I think the pullies and putting them CMDP might help, since I have not seen anyone benefit from them(they hurt your bottom end)
My tuner also recommended I swapped the thermostat to a 180 degrees, the idea is that the computer won't pull as much timing when reaching normal operating temperature, my 60ft were also in the 1.69-1.70
Yeah, same with this track. It is known to run "uphill". Everyone's ETs seem to be a couple tenths off from other local tracks.

06whipple

I was thinking about going this Saturday but they are now saying temps in the low 70s which will be a beautiful day but probably not ideal for a new best.

thought you were selling the limer?

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
thought you were selling the limer?

Yea I am but no real bites yet so why not head out with some other S197ers for a fun day at the track :highfive: I will have a big for sale sign in the back window so I am simply advertising it where it belongs :)

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea I am but no real bites yet so why not head out with some other S197ers for a fun day at the track :highfive: I will have a big for sale sign in the back window so I am simply advertising it where it belongs :)

Glws Bill...

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
+100 on shifting at 6500, too many people are caught up on the "but you don't make power there" thing, it's all about where you are in the NEXT gear i've tried and learned 6500-6600 all day!

oh and don't forget to bump your rev limiter to 6800-6900 if you are shifting at 6500 because the throttle blades start closing and the ecu starts pulling timing 300-400rpm before what the limiter is set and you will definitely think you are slower shifting at 6500.
+100000
Good for an easy 2/10 in the qtr.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back