If you were ever going to go...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm about 66% sure that Donna and I will be there.

For those of you familiar with the local traffic, is my best bet to go 15-N to 210-W? Or would the 5-N to 605-N be better? Which one is worse between 3pm and 5pm???

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm about 66% sure that Donna and I will be there.

For those of you familiar with the local traffic, is my best bet to go 15-N to 210-W? Or would the 5-N to 605-N be better? Which one is worse between 3pm and 5pm???

5-n to 605-n is shorter but at that time of day - forget it. The 605 won't be bad going north but the 5 will be brutal. I would take the 15 to the 210 as you'll have a carpool in the 210 and you'll be going against traffic.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
5-n to 605-n is shorter but at that time of day - forget it. The 605 won't be bad going north but the 5 will be brutal. I would take the 15 to the 210 as you'll have a carpool in the 210 and you'll be going against traffic.
Huh?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL - perfect sense to so cal residents.

don_w

Reaction score
Maybe we'll convoy up with Ed...

... he can bring his inflatable girlfriend for the carpool lane. :laughlots:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, so I talked to ADAM and everyone on his side is taking Thursday off so that can get to the track between 3:00pm to the latest 4:00pm when the gates open.

1) I want to take pictures of everyones car---one exterior and one of engine
2) I am going to pass around a list so everyone can give the stats on there cars--I was thinking very simple like what kind of power adder, boost level, cid, and rwhp/rwtq
3) I want to take some group shots of everyones cars together. When you enter the gates---if you go into the parking lot and look to the right, we are going to be there. We are NOT going to be at the typical spot near the staging lanes because there will be to many of us and it will be too crowded. Instead we will be on the other end of the parking lot kinda were they give out the timeslips and the second set of grandstands.
4) Since at Irwindale, if we start racing right at 5:00, we may get only 6 passes each at best. So we should try to figure out who is just going to run whatever, and who wants to run to grudge matches, and who else wants to run in EX.

So far the races I would like to do are:

1) PSFRACER vs Ken30303
2) PSFRACER vs CK (PSFRACER gets left lane)
3) PSFRACER vs GT4DINO (my nemesis)
4) PSFRACER vs Brandi

My other two races I should be able to get I will just run whomever else wants to run. Perhaps JSawyer and Tiny?

Now, based on the rwhp that should be 4 loses for me, but I think it will make great video with the in car camera as I would expect to loose 3,4 by a car length and loose 1,2 by a couple at least.

06vista

Reaction score
:allhail:

Is the group pic going to be like that with adam in the middle?
Also add in text saying "WEST COAST READY" is ready:samuri:

On second thought it may be this more like this :doggy: with a waiting line.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What Adam, Tiny, CK and Jsawyer do on there own time is none of my business. :evil:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Checked hour to hour forcast and the rain will be out by 10:00 am tomorrow and the forcast says 'sunny' from 12:00 noon on so actually the conditions should be damn near perfect...:rockband:

don_w

Reaction score
Unless something totally unexpected and unavoidable comes up in the next 24 hours, Donna and I will be there. We're planning on leaving San Diego around 1:00pm, so we should roll into Irwindale about 3:00-ish.

ChevyKiller said:
I'll buy you guys pit passes ...
Does this offer still stand? Oh, and you still owe me money on the bet on Paul's alternator. :321:

:poke2::laughlots:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless something totally unexpected and unavoidable comes up in the next 24 hours, Donna and I will be there. We're planning on leaving San Diego around 1:00pm, so we should roll into Irwindale about 3:00-ish.

Does this offer still stand? Oh, and you still owe me money on the bet on Paul's alternator. :321:

:poke2::laughlots:

It wasn't his alternator - I did not lose that bet!!!:321:

But yeah - I'll buy you a pit pass. If you get there before me, just pay for the pit pass and I'll give you the $20 when I see you. Least I can do for you guys coming out and taking vids - again to you and Ed - THANKS!!!

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool Don, I don't know if my car will be there, but I plan on being there for moral support either way!!!

don_w

Reaction score
I did not lose that bet!!!:321:
Everyone but you thinks you did... :moon2:

But yeah - I'll buy you a pit pass. If you get there before me, just pay for the pit pass and I'll give you the $20 when I see you. Least I can do for you guys coming out and taking vids - again to you and Ed - THANKS!!!
We're looking forward to a night at the track with friends!! :clap:

Paul... make sure you bring that camera for me to use! Mine is fubar...

Very cool Don, I don't know if my car will be there, but I plan on being there for moral support either way!!!
Still having trans issues?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Dean that sucks!! - why? Is the trans still acting up? I thought it was fixed??

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd be lying guys if I said I wasn't getting a little nervous. Haven't been able to get a hold of Adam and the car was supposed to be on the rollers yesterday and John just told me it hasn't even fired up yet so I'm getting pretty concerned about making tomorrow...:sick:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark - good luck getting the car out!

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When the tranny was pulled yesterday, Tony said it spins fine which probably eliminates a broken input shaft. He did say he would be tearing it down today to install the hardened input shaft and freshen up any other components that needed replacing. Adam was going to pull the pumpkin cover to check the differential. Since Mark's car is a priority, I can't imagine that he will have time to crack the pumpkin. That is why I'm guessing the car won't be ready.

Back