Installed the MMD Matte Black tail light trim today

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
I have the same ones. I think it looks good. Makes a nice contrast on the tails (I didn't want to tint them). No issues with mine thus far.

Big Stig

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with a trunk leak after installing these? I have a bad leak into the trunk when it rains hard or I wash the car since I installed the MMD trim, spoiler, and decklid panel, and I haven't figured it out yet. Water must be getting channeled where it shouldn't be or some seals were not put back right when the guys installed it.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with a trunk leak after installing these? I have a bad leak into the trunk when it rains hard or I wash the car since I installed the MMD trim, spoiler, and decklid panel, and I haven't figured it out yet. Water must be getting channeled where it shouldn't be or some seals were not put back right when the guys installed it.

Water must be getting in through the holes in your trunk lid for your spoiler since the taillight trim and decklid panel just stick on.

Big Stig

forum member
Reaction score
Water must be getting in through the holes in your trunk lid for your spoiler since the taillight trim and decklid panel just stick on.

Thanks. I will seal around those first and see what happens. They had to whittle some of the holes out a little since the spoiler did not fit perfectly at first.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
No problem. Also, I see in your sig that you have the GT500 rear valence... I would also check the weather stripping in your trunk where it meets with the bumper. If the bumper was removed to install the valence, whoever reinstalled it may not have seated the trunk trim and weather stripping correctly. Just a thought...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back