Installing H.I.D. Kits

WIRED06

Reaction score
Whats up everyone...I just got an H13 HID Kit for my 07' GT500, When I attempted to install them, the instructions were wanting me to drill out the back of my lamp housing. Which I am not too thrilled on doing. I have been looking around at different Kits and reading some of the instructions which are telling me to do the same thing. Is this normal for getting HIDs in a mustang? Does anyone know of any other HID kits that will not require this? Also to be virtually "plug and play"?

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
That is very strange. Why are they asking you drill out the back of the headlight?

WIRED06

Reaction score
Yea I really dont understand it...I attempted the install anyway, and it seemed that the actual HID bulb wouldnt lock into the housing. I wanted to trim the ring of the bulb to lock it, but did not, knowing it would void my refund for the kit... I dont know, im lost...i want to get a refund, but I am worried that getting a different kit may be the same situation...

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
wat kind of HID kits are there.... mine i puirchased are SIMPLE and ive done a million hids ktis in all diffrent cars.. should be a ballast a bulb and everything kinda hooks up to existing wires ( mayb a little splicing nothing hard ) .. but as far as the balast goes ( if thats wat there asking u to moutn or drill into ur headlight ) u can mount that anywhere

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I wouldn't drill it out. Remove the stock bulb and see if your HID bulb will go in and lock in place. Post pictures of what you have and your housing too.

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
Ya assuming u bought the right kit the new hid bulb should just lock right in.. they make the bulbs to replace ur stock ones and jsut lock right in..

echoinsilence

forum member
Reaction score
you shouldn't have to drill anything, if they're wanting you to drill a hole to mount the bulb then buy a different kit, thats crazy

dubba07

Reaction score
wat kind of HID kits are there.... mine i puirchased are SIMPLE and ive done a million hids ktis in all diffrent cars.. should be a ballast a bulb and everything kinda hooks up to existing wires ( mayb a little splicing nothing hard ) .. but as far as the balast goes ( if thats wat there asking u to moutn or drill into ur headlight ) u can mount that anywhere

What brand is the kit you got? If he has to get a new kit it would be good for him to know where to start looking.

Gallagher

forum member
Reaction score
I bought mine of xenon.com clearly they are known for ther elights thats why i went with them... u can DEF find a cheaper kit but that is a well known site for ther eheadlights and offer warrenties and there lights are great! :thumb:

grampa_stang

Reaction score
Dang. There's a group buy that's going on right now. We need more people though. They're guaranteed for life..bulbs and ballasts. 35w or 55w 5K - 10k. Very reputable company. They're a forum sponsor too...well on another Mustang site anyways. No drilling either.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
talk to Todd at RetroSolutions (They are in CT... try to google them, if you cant find them I have his info at home... PM me).

Myself and a few friends with mustangs are running his kits and are VERY satisfied. That drilling stuff would scare me, and I wouldnt do it.

WIRED06

Reaction score
Thanks alot everyone, I appreciate all of the info. I will for sure be sending this kit back. And thanks for the suggestions on a new kit, all of them look alot better than the one I am sending back...Thanks...

grampa_stang

Reaction score
Dustland, I PM'd you the website since it's probably not polite to post it here. We're still short though...need a few more people.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back