Installing UPR Billet Hood Pins - S197 Mustang

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
It fits, might be trash on the threads. But if you use it then even if you run it all the way down, the pin will stick up too far through the hood and the locking clip will rattle around loose.

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
No I mean it really doesn't fit on the pins the whole isn't big enough, I have plenty on tread.

Sent from my standard issue Star Trek communicator

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I also only got one locking nut. It's supposed to be used to lock the hood pin against the bracket. I got them to send me the second nut, but when I was installing the pins I discovered there wasn't enough threads on the pins to use the lock nuts. I ended up not being able to use them.

I didn't use locking nuts either. My pins have about four threads above the plates.

My nut doesn't fit.........yeah that's sounds odd. But really I figured that's what its for but it isn't big enough.

Sent from my standard issue Star Trek communicator

That is strange. But I sent you a PM. I'll send whatever you need.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Sweet product! Yes the 05-09 hoods flutter bad at high speeds:)

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I may get these, but don't think I will until I get the Cobra Jet hood. I've had my hoop pop up on my 05 and my 11 before. The 05 happened while doing ~100mph around a bend on the highway and the 11 happened while doing ~140mph on a straight. Both times the safety latch upfront prevented the hood from flying all the way up, but that crap is still scary.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back