installing water temp gauge

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
thanks guys. I was just always used to installing them in the T-stat housing on older cars so cutting the hose and putting in the adapter seems half-assed but as long as I get a good reading I guess that's all that matters.

Hey Scott, is that place you used already tapped to use? how hot of a reading do you get with it there?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. I was just always used to installing them in the T-stat housing on older cars so cutting the hose and putting in the adapter seems half-assed but as long as I get a good reading I guess that's all that matters.

Hey Scott, is that place you used already tapped to use? how hot of a reading do you get with it there?

Yes, just remove a pipe plug and install your gauge sender (with thread sealant of course) and maybe an adapter depending on your gauge. Everything I needed was in my Auto Meter Temp gauge box.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
I had to cut a hose and rotate it for my vortech install so i just used one of the inline hose adapters there. It works well and doesnt leak.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
At first I had mine in the block like Scott shows; but the header heat eventually cooked the sensor. Relocated to the crossover tube, drilled/tapped a hole in the boss on the outlet that goes back to the radiator. Reads same as or a few degrees above the PCM's temp value.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the adapter in the hose about 3 inches from where the top hose on the passenger side hooks to the block. it reads about 200 compared to the plx gauge I used to use always showed 195-197.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back