Insurance?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How does insurance work at the drag strip? Does your policy cover you? Lets say you are using your daily driver and destroy it on a wall or god forbid take somebody out...what happens?

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
How does insurance work at the drag strip? Does your policy cover you? Lets say you are using your daily driver and destroy it on a wall or god forbid take somebody out...what happens?
You only need to be worried about your car, but your insurance will not cover you on the track unless you buy specific race car insurance. Competitors are normally required to sign liability waivers at the gate that will keep another competitor from suing you or the track. Spectators would go against the track if something happened.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Pay the tow truck driver to haul it somewhere on the freeway, drop it off, then dial up the insurance agent.

No...not really.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think it is easier just to avoid hitting the wall.

travelers

Reaction score
Pay the tow truck driver to haul it somewhere on the freeway, drop it off, then dial up the insurance agent.

No...not really.
You don't think your the first to think of that, or it hasen't happened before.:bonebh:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think it is easier just to avoid hitting the wall.
You might think so, but it comes up pretty fast if you turn:beat: (thankfully, I cannot speak from experience on that)

travelers said:
You don't think your the first to think of that, or it hasen't happened before.
Nor would you be the first to get caught because the insurance company was out at the event writing down plates...

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
You might think so, but it comes up pretty fast if you turn:beat: (thankfully, I cannot speak from experience on that)

Nor would you be the first to get caught because the insurance company was out at the event writing down plates...

There is no turning in drag racing.....if you are turning, then you are taking to the long way to the finish line and you will most likely lose.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is no turning in drag racing.....if you are turning, then you are taking to the long way to the finish line and you will most likely lose.
Well, sometimes you don't have a say in the matter... Some people mistakenly mount the batman oil slick spout right in the middle of the car near the tranmission, or under the oil pan...

Mick

forum member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as seperate insurance for your car for a drag strip just in case? What company? I have thought about this, my car is weekend use only, it will not be a regular at the drags.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Several companies offer race car insurance, but it isn't cheap and not really worth it if you are only going a couple times a year.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back