Interior Conversion (2008 --> 2010)

Discussion in '2005+ Ford Mustang v6 4.0L Tech' started by Alewallz, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

Hi I have a 2008 mustang and I've started the process of converting the interior to the 2010 interior (really 2014 panels, but 2010 wiring). I'm not interested in swapping the motor just yet, so as of now I have an automatic 4.0l V6 as my guinea pig. Here are my thoughts: 2011 was the swap over to the new power train. The 2010 mustang V6 was still the old 4.0l, which means the engine Bay wiring should be the same. However, the dash wiring and body wiring harness are certainly going to be different. I've searched all over and cannot find much. I'm afraid to get any interior wiring harness 2011+ because of the power train swap over. Will a 2014 mustang interior wiring harness work or will it strictly need to be a 2010 mustang interior wiring harness, since they utilized the same motors? Furthermore, if I get a 2010 interior wiring harness will it simply plug right where the old one hooked up? There needs to be a point of continuity where the old harness was replaced by the new one back in 2010 if it used the same motor and engine wiring harness.. you see what I mean? I'm about $500.00 invested in this so far and things are actually going quite well. The wiring is the hardest part, once I get this figured out I'll develop a manual and post it. Honestly, it really isn't that expensive if you scour eBay over the course of 18 months buying a little here and a little there. I love the S197 generation 1 body style, but I love the 2010+ interior. I want to combine the two. I've already seen the video on YouTube where the guy swapped his interior and motor over to a Shelby Cobra, but that dude doesn't answer questions or give even the slightest insight on how he went about the process. I'm just going to assume his mom did it for him...

Please post any ideas or concerns you may have. Again I am not planning to switch any engine Bay wiring, as it should all be the same for 2010. The only thing that will need to be done is reprogramming the ECM if need be.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member

2010 motor is the same as the 05-09 for the most part.

IIRC, There's at least one write up on a swap of interiors, search the site

3. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

Would you happen to know that site by chance?

Thanks

4. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

...rofl
    our site dude, there's a couple guys that have done swaps, just gotta look

5. stkjock

:thud:

This site :sunot:

6. 05stroker

05stroker Never enough power guy!

THE SITE!!! Lol

7. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

Thanks, found it

8. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

9. Wes06

Wes06 forum member

Around here we believe in helping you help yourself.

10. Benwhite911

Benwhite911 V6'ing & Dealing With It

Yeah. Granted the motivation can be interpreted as ridicule; but, Yeah.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  11. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

UPDATE

UPDATE:
    I decided to go with the saddle interior; so I've gotten the saddle door panels and the saddle leather seats, as well as the stereo control. This new interior swap is well on its way. I will need to recycle my old side airbag into the new driverside airbag and have an upholstery shop stitch it up. Otherwise, there's no ripped leather. I've also read up on the other guy from this forum who completed an jnterior swap

Attached Files:

12. stkjock

that color looks good

13. Alewallz

Alewallz Junior Member

Figured the saddle toned leather would be a good look for an Alloy gray mustang.