Interior work

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I am tired of trying to repair these shitty OEM vinyl inserts on our door panels. I have fixed them several times, and each time it gets worse and worse.. I removed both door panels today and I plan to drop them off at an auto upholstery shop tomorrow morning. He said they can either do a black cloth for both doors for cheap, or for $50 more he can do both in black suede.

I will see which one I like the best tomorrow morning if I make it out to his shop. I'll keep you all posted!

He said if I drop them off early tomorrow, I should have them back by Friday!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the black suede. Dropped it off at 9am this morning and since I got it to him right as they opened, I'll have it by tomorrow! He has another guy coming friday for their stangs door panels to get done too. While I was shooting. The shit with the shop owner, two more guys called to get their stangs done and he told them he will have the time for them in about a week or so. I definitely got lucky with timing!!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Lol I dropped them off on the 15th as states in original post. I get them back today, shop opens at 9am. Not sure what time he will call and say they are done but trust me- I'll be whoring them all in this thread.

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
I just ripped mine apart last night. I am thinking of smoothing out the foam and slapping some paint on there. I am interested in seeing what yours come out like.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I found the fix to all these problems... Base door panels
u9u7ygug.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Here they are guys, did both in black suede. Pictures really don't do it any justice! These guys did an amazing job and there was an 07 V6 getting them done in black suede as well when I pulled up to get mine. =)

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Nice. I would love to find someone local to me who could do a quilted pattern on my door panels and a matching headliner.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back