Interior work

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
The problem with fixing them at home is you usually don't have available the proper adhesive and method of applying the adhesive. A Binks glue pot and gun as well as some Keyston industrial upholstery adhesive is what is needed to make the material stick properly. I would advise against using suede for the headliner as it doesn't have the proper foam backing and weights too much to not begin to fall after several summers. They do make a faux suede that can be used that is a synthetic material and designed to be hung or upside down. I have about 80 years of upholstery experience in my family and about 6 years myself so take (how I got through college) my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Last edited:

MikeGT

Reaction score
Leather Sagging

I had the same issues with the sagging-inserts. I nitially had them re-glued, however it did not last very long.
:mad2:

After some thought on reapplying anything resembling fabric, I decided to try a different approach. I'm not sure it was the best decision, although it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I carbon-fibered the panels...
I will try to take better qualify pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 71

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
That looks great if you like the carbon fiber look. Evenly applied and fits the panel well. Would look really killer in a charcoal interior too i imagine.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I like the carbon but prefer actual fabric. I just need to figure out a game plan and design I want throughout the interior

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good both doors on mine were like that one is falling off and the other one already did once it looks as if some ore schoolers pasted them together from the factory the way out cars interior are lol

MikeGT

Reaction score
Thx guys... Let's see... This might be a better pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 75

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I like the carbon but prefer actual fabric. I just need to figure out a game plan and design I want throughout the interior

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

Just go Gucci or something

:omfg::roflmao:

gispert-car-2.jpg

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I had the same issues with the sagging-inserts. I nitially had them re-glued, however it did not last very long.
:mad2:

After some thought on reapplying anything resembling fabric, I decided to try a different approach. I'm not sure it was the best decision, although it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I carbon-fibered the panels...
I will try to take better qualify pics later.

is that a pre molded shell overlay or something?

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I always thought about doing the carbon fiber like this.. Glad to see someone tried it out.

MikeGT

Reaction score
is that a pre molded shell overlay or something?

The guys who did this pulled-out the original insert and backing, made a mold for both doors and made the CF shells...

These were fitted later, so yeah, I guess we can say it's a pre-molded shell.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Do these just affect the early years or something?
Mine haven't shown any sign of peeling, it's been 6 years... is it going to happen one day?

MikeGT

Reaction score
Do these just affect the early years or something?
Mine haven't shown any sign of peeling, it's been 6 years... is it going to happen one day?

Count your blessings buddy... I reckon it's not a matter of "if" it will happen. It's more a case of "when"... Mine is a 2009...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah it will happen one day. My GF lived in South Carolina for 4 months and the humidity killed her inserts. The passenger side in my Bullitt is starting to show signs of peeling.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Looks good Rob, how was his pricing if you don't mind me asking?

$225 for both doors in suede. If you want his shop info, I have his card in my wallet. Have a bunch out to friends at the car meets. Guy does great work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back