Is this price fair?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
$900 seems very high. I charge $400 for a seal job like that on my regular customers cars (minimal prep work) and $650 if I have to do correction before applying.

Do you have a link to this product with an application description to see what it entails and what the product costs (to justify that outrageous price)

Oh yea, and im in a much more expensive market than Northern Virgina I believe....

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
No way could I justify $900 for a wax job. Regardless of what kind of fancy terms they use to justify their rates, it's still just a wax job.

I know it's more than a wax job considering that it hardens this and protects that, etc etc but what I really like is that is protects PITA solid black paint.

$900 seems very high. I charge $400 for a seal job like that on my regular customers cars (minimal prep work) and $650 if I have to do correction before applying.

Do you have a link to this product with an application description to see what it entails and what the product costs (to justify that outrageous price)

Oh yea, and im in a much more expensive market than Northern Virgina I believe....

http://immortaldetailing.com/gtechniq/

http://immortaldetailing.com/detailing-packages/

I mean I guess the more I look at it, if he thoroughly cleans my car/corrects paint and then applies this coating. The coating itself is $400 when I looked it up on his website.

Northern Virginia is one thing, but I live in Loudon County... highest income per capita in the US and I'm not a stranger to higher prices.

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
It's a little on the high side but not too out of the water. I price it based on vehicle value so it ranges from $650.00 on up.... Highest I've charged was $1250.00

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
No way could I justify $900 for a wax job. Regardless of what kind of fancy terms they use to justify their rates, it's still just a wax job.

I can think of a lot of car parts I could buy for $900. Or even pay for a few track days...but then again, I'm a detailing idiot.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
$900 does seem a little high but it may be on point for your area, as you described. Not familiar w/ the Gtechniq, must be fairly new. Like 28one I have Cquartz UK on my SUV and am extremely happy w/ it. I just wish I could get my hands on the Finest, but I'm just a hobbyist. Here is a locator to help find an Finest installer near you. http://www.cqfinest.com/where-to-buy.html I've heard good things from OptiPro but I see some installer complaining that they have raised their prices quite a bit though.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Waiting on the guy to get back to me since I would like to drop the car off soon.

Are there any products to seal/coat the convertible top too?

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
Hi- I am a hobby detailer and up on all the forms. The "dealer" only thing is a gimmick, no different really then the product available to consumer. I would recommend the Pinnacle Black Label coating. This stuff is unreal, and super easy to apply. I highly recommend you use it. I applied mine nearly a year ago, it's unbelievable. My car is so slick and shines like it did a year ago. I would never use anything else. http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-paint-coating.html#reviews

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I detail cars for a living. I have three trailers on the road and 3-5 employees depending on time of year. That being said, I don't believe that pinnacle black label is worth the price. It is good, yes. But at $165 or so for their coating...well that's a bit much. I also have not found it to last nearly as long as they claim in the Florida sun. I did my personal truck with it about 4 months ago and the water has already stopped beading. My Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 beads longer. The shine from pinnacle isn't impressive. Again, the deep gloss crushes it. Now, I'm sure the black label has a good protective barrier and would like great supplemented with other waxes and sealants, but you won't see JUST black label nano in my mustang or Harley anytime soon

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. Detsil shit is crazy exoensive. I should have becone a detailer instead of a physical therapist it seems. Wow.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
A dealership around my old neck of the woods posted up their pricing for their 22PLE coatings. I'm trying to find the next step for my car to give it the best chance at protection since I drive it every day.

http://blog.sweetcars.com/

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Haven't had too much time to talk with the guy, but I've looked up and saw that this new Crystal Serum and EXO stacked together will last 7+ years....

Is that at all possible?

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Lol.

I'm asking him if there is literature that I can read on regarding that estimation.

If I can own the car for 7+ years and have it fully protected I can rationalize buying this product.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
It is very well possible. This is a new product so not many people can vouch for it but Gtechniq C1 and EXOV2 are awesome products. Opti pro is suppose to last something like 10+ years. Coatings are the way to go for durability.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
I detail cars for a living. I have three trailers on the road and 3-5 employees depending on time of year. That being said, I don't believe that pinnacle black label is worth the price. It is good, yes. But at $165 or so for their coating...well that's a bit much. I also have not found it to last nearly as long as they claim in the Florida sun. I did my personal truck with it about 4 months ago and the water has already stopped beading. My Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 beads longer. The shine from pinnacle isn't impressive. Again, the deep gloss crushes it. Now, I'm sure the black label has a good protective barrier and would like great supplemented with other waxes and sealants, but you won't see JUST black label nano in my mustang or Harley anytime soon

Large bottle is 100 bucks can do like 10 cars easy. Very good value, I'm a year in Florida sun and it beads as good as the day I applied.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Alright, made the appointment with the detailer tonight. Full detail inside/out, single stage correction and then Crystal Serum coated with EXO. Going to have him perform this on the car without the hardtop and then I'll try and get the top back for him to correct the swirl marks and coat that. I plan to drop the car off Aug 3rd.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck man. With a one step just be sure there is no haze. I doubt there will be at the prices he is charging but make sure your happy with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back