Is this price fair?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The problem with paying that much for a long term wax job is that by the time you figure out if it's a good or bad deal, it's too late to do anything about it. If you go back in 2 years and say "Water isn't beading on my paint any more, you promised 7 years" is he going to do it again for free? I think not. I'm sure he has a longer list of reasons and excuses than the cable repairman.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
The problem with paying that much for a long term wax job is that by the time you figure out if it's a good or bad deal, it's too late to do anything about it. If you go back in 2 years and say "Water isn't beading on my paint any more, you promised 7 years" is he going to do it again for free? I think not. I'm sure he has a longer list of reasons and excuses than the cable repairman.

Usually something like this it won't be on the detailer but the company(Gtechniq). Gtechniq would cover the costs of the repair. When a "pro" coating is applied by a "certified" detailer then it backs the warranty. This is why other OTC coatings say they last a year or 2 but there is no warranty.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Know where you are coming from Brian. This is all new stuff to me so I'm not sure what to expect. I know if it doesn't work out, I can only blame myself for trying it.

Good luck man. With a one step just be sure there is no haze. I doubt there will be at the prices he is charging but make sure your happy with it.

I plan on the one step, but we are gonna do a full walk around the car so he can examine it closer to see if more is needed.

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
For $900, you could trailer it down to me and get a full detail and a 3-4 year nano sealant and get it shipped back lol. That includes correction!

(totally kidding). Good luck man!!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Large bottle is 100 bucks can do like 10 cars easy. Very good value, I'm a year in Florida sun and it beads as good as the day I applied.

I'm in Florida as well. I bought it when it was brand new and i got the one designed for mutli surfaces. When I bought it was $179. The polish they recommend was $30 I believe, and I bought that too. Not very impressed, but if it works for you, thats great!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Mavisky check this guy out. I know the guy personally and he does some amazing work. He isn't certified with pro coatings yet but he's in the process. He can and has applied coatings before.

http://www.detailedreflectionsatl.com

Thanks for the link, but I'll probably be doing mine myself. I am mainly reviewing a couple of different products to apply. First I need to get some better lighting in this garage. At my old house I built a drop halo about 8 feet off the floor of lighting fixtures to give me a better view of what I was doing. Stupid spec-house garage has one 60w incandescent bulb at the top of a 14' ceiling. Can't see shit in here right now.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck and take before and after pics. If it wasn't black, I would suggest opti coat. 900 for a FULL detail and application doesn't seem to bad IMO (Should be at least a 2 step though). Consider it an investment, especially if you plan to keep the car for a long time but also if you go to trade it in, chances are the paint will still look great if the product holds up to its name/rep.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back