Issues with kenne bell bypass valve

Rosco62

Reaction score
Did a bunch of research couldn't find a whole lot of info. I found that the plug that the bypass valve vacume hose was just not connected correctly to the bypass valve and I believe that is what is causing my fuel trim difference bank to band causing misfire,sputtering, loss of power, ex. After looking on kenne bells web sight they say that if you have aggressive cams you would have to upgrade to a low pass bypass valve. Anyone else have any issues with this in trying to decide if I should just buy the replacement fitting or replace the whole valve any input would be appreciated i need to order parts today so I can get the car in the shop next week!

Mods going to be in place for next tuning session next week if issue is resolved

2007 gt
Mmr 1000 4.75
Comp came stage 2 blower cams
Ported heads
Kb 2.6 lc stage 2
2.75 8 rib pulley
Bbk 62mm throttle body
Gt500 pumps and kb 40 amp boostapump
90mm maf and mafia
Bbk shorty headers
Flow master 3in exhaust
4in cai
Ext.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is get a gauge and measure your current vacuum. I would do that asap, because if your running below 10" of vacuum your going to destroy that head unit. I'm running 16" of vacuum with Hot Rod cams on my 2.8L Mammoth and have no issues with the stock bypass valve. If your running lower than 10" of vacuum your going to need KB's custom vacuum canister. But I'd say if your running 10" or below with those cams than you've got a problem somewhere else.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Even more than that, is because how the bypass while open source its air and changes the distribution in the manifold, at higher loads than idle, even with it still open the split tends to disappear.

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have a KB low vacuum bypass valve new in the box I never used during my KB days. If you want it LMK. I could ship it out today.

Rosco62

Reaction score
Idle is at 4 inhg but right now my vacume line isn't hooked up well I'm missing th nipple to its being shipped from kenne bell now. They seem to think that I already have the lowpass I'll have to look if I don't have it I will deffently pick up the one you have Department of Boost

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
4 in good grief

Car has all sorts of interesting things going on... MMR engine, MAFIA, BAP.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
BBK throttle body!

You have a lot of parts I've seen give people grief in the past. I hope everything works out.

Rosco62

Reaction score
Well some 15 year old kid pulled out in front of me so I swerved and hit a light pole...

Rosco62

Reaction score
Ya pretty much car was supposed to go into the shop tomorrow...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back