It's a done deal: joining the FI Mustang crew

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
First- want to say TYVM to those that offered great advice and opinions that helped shape my decision.

Purchased a Roush R2300 Stage 2 kit from JDM yesterday, and hope to have it in hand in the next 2-3 weeks.

Still debating on doing the install myself since I don't have alot of tools and would have to rely on the post auto hobby shop here in Stuttgart for support. There is a good speed shop that knows mustangs really well that will do it, but they will be expensive.

Didn't buy any supporting mods this time around, but headers and exhaust will follow down the road.

I had 10K to spend, but decided to give the house commander some of it for her own whims. She has been a big part of my military career, and this strategy will pay dividends in the future :)

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats! I would recommend getting rid of your cats pretty quick. How much boost you plan on running?

Also, RTR!

I think the kit is rated at 11-12, which should keep me on the safe side...440-460 WHP is my guess. Lots if room to grow. I'll take care of the exhaust soon!

RTR! I can't wait till football season! Less than 10 frickin long weeks.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the roush and good luck w/install. Please post pics on here of install.

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
Congrats your gonna love it, I have the phase 1 kit from JDM and absolutely love their tune. I'll up the boost hopefully later this summer when I can afford the fuel upgrades. From what Ive seen on the this kit you power estimates might be a little bit low :thumb: :beer:

Last edited:

Ivan 5.0

Still learning...
Reaction score
Congrats man! Make sure to post up pics/vids when it's done :)

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Congrats your gonna love it, I have the phase 1 kit from JDM and absolutely love their tune. I'll up the boost hopefully later this summer when I can afford the fuel upgrades. From what Ive seen on the this kit you power estimates might be a little bit low :thumb: :beer:

11-12psi should get him right in that range if he has nothing else but with full exhaust and a good cai he will probably be higher like you're also thinking.

Glad you could join the crew OP! It's fun to have power like this and still have a great daily

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Grats! My FI is awaiting install right now. Can't wait to get the time to do it!

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Have fun with the new beast.
I purchased my supercharger from JDM and they were and continue to be a company that I can call when I have a question needing answered.
Good Luck:thumb2:

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
11-12psi should get him right in that range if he has nothing else but with full exhaust and a good cai he will probably be higher like you're also thinking.

Glad you could join the crew OP! It's fun to have power like this and still have a great daily

Not sure Roush makes a CAI for the 2010, (05-09)mine comes with a CAI, I believe the 2010 get a new intake tube and air box cover. JDM tune will help in that department as well :thumb2:

To the OP: I just installed this kit a couple months back, took me couple weeks in between work and such. IF you decide to install yourself I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. The directions suck to put it mildly lol but the install is fairly straight forward. Wiring was time consuming but not complicated at all, when you mount the water pump be sure to use the supplied bracket to match up with the template they provide when mounting, as what they gave me did not match. I ended up just using the bracket itself as the template. Also thier is a plug in the valley that you have to be careful to not pinch the wires when installing the intake/intercooler. Modifying the Alt and heater tube is easier than it might seem, I did it with a dremel.

And DONT FORGET to remove the UDP's and put the stock crank & water pump pulley's back on :thumb2:

Last edited:

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure Roush makes a CAI for the 2010, (05-09)mine comes with a CAI, I believe the 2010 get a new intake tube and air box cover. JDM tune will help in that department as well :thumb2:

To the OP: I just installed this kit a couple months back, took me couple weeks in between work and such. IF you decide to install yourself I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. The directions suck to put it mildly lol but the install is fairly straight forward. Wiring was time consuming but not complicated at all, when you mount the water pump be sure to use the supplied bracket to match up with the template they provide when mounting, as what they gave me did not match. I ended up just using the bracket itself as the template. Also thier is a plug in the valley that you have to be careful to not pinch the wires when installing the intake/intercooler. Modifying the Alt and heater tube is easier than it might seem, I did it with a dremel.

And DONT FORGET to remove the UDP's and put the stock crank & water pump pulley's back on :thumb2:

I appreciate it. I will certainly take you up on the offer. About how many cumulative hours did it take you?

Have you dyno'd the car yet?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score

ya I made that mistake!! Cost me $400-600 trying to fix it when all I needed was a $60 pulley from a junkyard lol

Do the install yourself! I did my Saleen in 5 hours with a basic 130 piece tool set :)

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
I didn't really keep track but I believe around 20-30 maybe but I really took my time double and triple checked stuff, I only have the phase 1 kit though so I didnt install the fuel pump upgrade though. I have seenestimates of 10 hrs, so for someone like me who didn't know what he was doing I didn't do to bad lol. I dyno'd at 411whp but I need to get a lockup tune though for my auto I believe to have properly dyno'd. Ive since added a Meziere e-h2o pump and have an o/r h ready to go in after that I'll dyno it again. eventually I'll do a fuel upgrade and up the boost to safely max out the stock block. Like I said though electrical was what took me the longest, there is quite a bit of rerouting to do.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back