It's just a car but.........

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
It is funny how attached we are to them. Bitter sweet day for our garage, we sold my wifes Mustang Yesterday. It was her desicion to sell the car but I know it was a hard choice for her. She really loved that car but after 8 years we knew all good things have to end. She cried before and after we sold the car and the worse is when we got home and I pulled into the garage. Hard to watch your wife cry. We both know it is just a car but as "car people" you do become attached as if this "object" is a part of you. So when that "object" is gone, a part of you is gone, a part of your history is gone. As a husband this makes me feel like the luckiest guy, I got a wife that loves cars so much it hurts (in this case) but I did shed a tear with her.

She wants something she can drive daily, the mustang would have been fine as a DD but it needed a few things done to make it more realible DD which meant more money into the pit and in the end it made more sense for us to sell it and get her something new. So the search is on for either a Audi A5 or 5.0! Her next car, whatever it is, is going to help her get over the last one, they ususally do, but this one we sold yesterday will not be forgotten.

TurboPonygurl Evolution - YouTube

"Sad to see our car go" what she text me when we was on our way to town to meet the new owner. This was nothing compared to the drive home....

\
Our last two pictures with her car

Last Picture I took........

Best Picture of the babies!

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
There's a UFO in the second pic. Nice looking combo. Sorry to see it go

twilson1918

forum member
Reaction score
That last picture is awesome, I say 5.0 hands down! Wish my girlfriend knew anything to do with cars let alone drive something like that! I guess her going to car shows with me and not complaining is a plus lol

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang dude, I got kinda bummed for you just reading your post.

Gotta love a woman like that! Hate to hear you had to let the Stang go, but you'll both feel better once you move on to the new car, whatever it may be.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get my girlfriend a little more interested in cars. I had her drive my Mustang in a parking lot once. She didn't even get it out of first gear, she was so terrified of it.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Hopefully she finds a car to put a smile back on her face. As a car guy, I can understand the attachment. You are lucky to have an attractive wife who is very into cars.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Awesome car man sorry to hear!

My car will be with me till I die, then it will be my sons (if I have one).

keith88lx

forum member
Reaction score
I know the feeling. When we sold my wifes 2008 Mustang to help with the wedding, she cried. I'm about to sell my 2006 Mustang because we are moving. I asked if she was going to cry again and she said yes. To be honest, I get sad thinking about selling it also.

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I could get my girlfriend a little more interested in cars. I had her drive my Mustang in a parking lot once. She didn't even get it out of first gear, she was so terrified of it.

Had the same issue haha
I've tried talking to her about cars then she tunes me out

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I won't lie I teared up a little when I traded in mine for the f150. I think it made it easier to hand the dealer the keys to tye f150 back and tell them thanks but no thanks. And proudly step back into the mustang.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Your a dick for putting a picture of your wife crying on the interwebs, haha.

Honestly, emotional attachment for me was never really bad with my possessions until I bought my 09. I just can't stomach selling the car. My GF is obsessed with her 09 too as it is something she worked really hard for and after I got her into cars she just loves everything about these cars and the car culture in general.

The new cars cushion the blow, but that doesn't mean it still don't hurt.

Good luck with getting her a new replacement.

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
There's a UFO in the second pic. Nice looking combo. Sorry to see it go

I had to look at the picture again and said to myself..........ICWHATUDIDTHERE!!

That last picture is awesome, I say 5.0 hands down! Wish my girlfriend knew anything to do with cars let alone drive something like that! I guess her going to car shows with me and not complaining is a plus lol
Thanks, I love that picture too. Hey man it starts off somewhere, she might come around to the idea of owning her own.

I know the feeling. When we sold my wifes 2008 Mustang to help with the wedding, she cried. I'm about to sell my 2006 Mustang because we are moving. I asked if she was going to cry again and she said yes. To be honest, I get sad thinking about selling it also.
Sorry to hear that, good luck man!

Your a dick for putting a picture of your wife crying on the interwebs, haha.

Honestly, emotional attachment for me was never really bad with my possessions until I bought my 09. I just can't stomach selling the car. My GF is obsessed with her 09 too as it is something she worked really hard for and after I got her into cars she just loves everything about these cars and the car culture in general.

The new cars cushion the blow, but that doesn't mean it still don't hurt.

Good luck with getting her a new replacement.

Sounds like your GF is a keeper! Thanks, hope we can find something that will fill the void.

Last edited:

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
That's why I get rid of a car after a year or so LOL! I have both the Audi A5 and a 5.0 (Boss right now, but i had a 2011 GT/CS before). Both are great cars and very easy to live with. The 5.0 is obviously a lot more fun.

DCA08GT

Reaction score
My wife and I went thru the same thing when we were PCSing from MD to Guam. We had to sell her 01 GT that we had owned for about 3 years and it was by far the worse day for her.

OMG of War

Reaction score
sorry to hear OP. damn shame. i even like the yellow which some find to be an acquired taste. just out of curiosity, what kind of work needed done to it?

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
It is funny how attached we are to them. Bitter sweet day for our garage, we sold my wifes Mustang Yesterday. It was her desicion to sell the car but I know it was a hard choice for her. She really loved that car but after 8 years we knew all good things have to end. She cried before and after we sold the car and the worse is when we got home and I pulled into the garage. Hard to watch your wife cry. We both know it is just a car but as "car people" you do become attached as if this "object" is a part of you. So when that "object" is gone, a part of you is gone, a part of your history is gone. As a husband this makes me feel like the luckiest guy, I got a wife that loves cars so much it hurts (in this case) but I did shed a tear with her.

She wants something she can drive daily, the mustang would have been fine as a DD but it needed a few things done to make it more realible DD which meant more money into the pit and in the end it made more sense for us to sell it and get her something new. So the search is on for either a Audi A5 or 5.0! Her next car, whatever it is, is going to help her get over the last one, they ususally do, but this one we sold yesterday will not be forgotten.

TurboPonygurl Evolution - YouTube

"Sad to see our car go" what she text me when we was on our way to town to meet the new owner. This was nothing compared to the drive home....

\
Our last two pictures with her car

Last Picture I took........

Best Picture of the babies!

Oh man! Her car was my inspiraton for my 07 alloy gt! I first saw her car on mustangworld.com (I think that's where I saw it) and loved the look of it instantly! That's why I went with the Street Scene Gen 1 spoiler!

Sad to see it go! That was one great looking 05-09!

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to hear OP. damn shame. i even like the yellow which some find to be an acquired taste. just out of curiosity, what kind of work needed done to it?

Had a laundry list of things needed/wanted to do.....

Maintenance/upgrades:
Clutch was fine but did need a upgrade: 800-1000 dollars ( not to mention turbo has to come off to install it, PITA)

BA5000, to get the tune dialed in better (stock MAF and diablo was fine but not perfect): 350ish dollars

3.31 gears for better spool up and mainly for MPG's 200ish dollars plus install.

It was due for minor maintenance like brakes pads, plugs, fuel filter, trans flush, etc: 300-500 dollars.

Comfort (for her):
The 20's are nice but the ride sucked so was thinking some new 18's for a better ride: 2000 dollars minium

05' Shaker 500 was basic, had no AV jack, no blue tooth, no Nav so a new head unit with touch screen and above features: 1000 and easily more.

So crap would have added up and not mention none of it would made the value of the car go any higher. And the car would be harder to sell the longer we waited (getting a loan for 05' models not easy) She has 45 min ride to work so gas was another issue that held us back from it being a daily driver. And last, since it was had no cats the smell of gas sucked for her, she couldn't drive with the windows down without getting the smell on nice work clothes.

Oh man! Her car was my inspiraton for my 07 alloy gt! I first saw her car on mustangworld.com (I think that's where I saw it) and loved the look of it instantly! That's why I went with the Street Scene Gen 1 spoiler!

Sad to see it go! That was one great looking 05-09!

If you seen it on MustangWorld.com, it was a while ago, I haven't been on that site in sometime. But glad we can inspire you!

Last edited:

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
I won't lie I teared up a little when I traded in mine for the f150. I think it made it easier to hand the dealer the keys to tye f150 back and tell them thanks but no thanks. And proudly step back into the mustang.

I had to get rid of my 08 F-150 and it was upsetting but the Cobra, if I let it go is going to crush me, not for long cause it means I am getting a Raptor or Boss 302!

Back