JDM 302EF Stroker Aluminum shortblock $2995.00!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well hes N/A so 600HP would be fine for him

I ran this same shortblock in my 06 S197 car and made 400 RWHP NA, beat the heck out of it for 2 years then sold it and the guy who bought it from me ended up changing to a C&L intake manifold and with the same combo made 420 RWHP and beat has been running it for some time now too! These are perfect for NA builds!

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
My New JDM 302E came today and I'm totally stoked!

3.jpg

I can't wait to hit the rollers!

Last edited:

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the limiting factor for 600hp? The block? I thought most modular blocks were good for more than that. The block in my car is a 03/04 cobra steel block. Are those stronger than the Mach block? I am making well north of 800 through an auto...

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
What is the limiting factor for 600hp? The block? I thought most modular blocks were good for more than that. The block in my car is a 03/04 cobra steel block. Are those stronger than the Mach block? I am making well north of 800 through an auto...
What auto are you using?

Blue Vue

forum member
Reaction score
would I be pushing the limits on this block with a saleen blower, 2.87 pulley, 18% overdrive, and mosaleen?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The Mach 1 block has a different casting design than the 05+ mustang block. the 05+ has a better webbing design making it stronger. The most we recommend is 600 HP on this block, ive seen some people push more but we dont recommend or warranty past 600. The 05+ block we rate for 900 HP capable and Ive seen people put more through them than that! I couldnt recommend this block for your application but if your interested in the 302E which is the same version shortblock but with the 05 block let me know! Id be glad to help you or answer any questions. This is the same shortblock fabman just picked up!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
would I be pushing the limits on this block with a saleen blower, 2.87 pulley, 18% overdrive, and mosaleen?

With the 2.87 adn 18% you should be really close to 600 RWHP so I would say probably too much. With just the 2.87 you'd be closer to 520 RWHP and that could be perfectly fine.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
The Mach 1 block has a different casting design than the 05+ mustang block. the 05+ has a better webbing design making it stronger. The most we recommend is 600 HP on this block, ive seen some people push more but we dont recommend or warranty past 600. The 05+ block we rate for 900 HP capable and Ive seen people put more through them than that! I couldnt recommend this block for your application but if your interested in the 302E which is the same version shortblock but with the 05 block let me know! Id be glad to help you or answer any questions. This is the same shortblock fabman just picked up!

I believe Nick's question was what is the difference between the 03/04 mach block and the 03/04 cobra block, not the 04 mach block and the 05+ block, his car has a built 03/04 cobra block that has handled well over 600hp

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe Nick's question was what is the difference between the 03/04 mach block and the 03/04 cobra block, not the 04 mach block and the 05+ block, his car has a built 03/04 cobra block that has handled well over 600hp

The cobra block is rock solid, but its also a rock...The weight factor is the only thing I dont like but they have a high nickel content and are tough as nails

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What auto are you using?
4r70w
Isn't Mihovetz making 2,300 hp with a stock Mach block? From what I have been seeing the block really doesn't limit hp on a modular. If you think about it moving the cam(s) from the center of the motor to the heads simplifies the short block. Not trying to start an argument just wondering if the block is the only difference in your 600hp vs 900hp motors or is there other upgrades?

BTW: I'm running a JDM short block in my Lightning.:thumb:

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4r70w

Isn't Mihovetz making 2,300 hp with a stock Mach block? From what I have been seeing the block really doesn't limit hp on a modular. If you think about it moving the cam(s) from the center of the motor to the heads simplifies the short block. Not trying to start an argument just wondering if the block is the only difference in your 600hp vs 900hp motors or is there other upgrades?

BTW: I'm running a JDM short block in my Lightning.:thumb:

John runs a Teksid block and always has. We just dont recommend running these blocks over that mark but Im sure it could be done we make double the HP recommend on some parts. But these shortblocks come with the same internals, exactly as we run in our 302E motor rated for 900 HP the only difference is the block.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
check out our new flyer for this special!!

Last edited:

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
So a saleen with a 2.75 pulley and blower cams would be completely fine with this set up I would need this as a DD with some track use?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back