JDM Engineering 302EF stroker shortblock special $2995.00!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM Engineering Inc.
60 Jerseyville Ave
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-780-0770
[email protected]

JDM ALUMINUM “302EF” STROKER
600 HP RATED SHORT BLOCK
(N.A. / Low Boost)

Looking to bullet proof your bottom end but don’t want to break the bank while doing it? In today’s tough economic times, when money is tight and the desire for horsepower grows by the day Team JDM has come up with a solution for you! Imagine being able to purchase and install a short block that will handle 600 HP and comes with a full 1 year warranty, all with in your budget. Check out this special below showcasing one of Team JDM’s latest creations.

281639_10150274748125139_121068375138_7551649_1065193_n.jpg

Retail Price:
$2995.00 (does not include freight)

- Rated for 600 HP/ 1 Year warranty
- Fits any Ford Modular 2v, 3v, and 4v applications
- New Ford production Aluminum 4.6 block 3L2Z-6010-AA
- Forged Kellogg 3.800” stroker crankshaft
- Manley H beam connecting rods w/ ARP fasteners
- Manley Forged aluminum pistons
- Custom file fit rings
- Speed pro NASCAR bearings
- Fully blue printed and balanced

JDM Engineering is proud to release a new line of short blocks designed to beef up and increase cubic inch displacement for naturally aspirated or low boost 4.6 modular applications. The new Team JDM bottom end comes completely assembled with forged components and is ready to handle up to 600 HP. A Ford Racing 4.6 Aluminum block from the 03-04 Mach 1 Mustang is used to house the forged rotating components. Kellogg’s 3.800” steel forged stroker crank rotates the Manley H beam rods and custom spec pistons. Compression ratio comes standard at 9.8:1 but for no additional charge, only wait time, Team JDM will build any compression you choose. Special Manley file fit rings and Speed pro NASCAR bearings help keep plenty enough oil pressure for the extra demand of 3v engines, as well promote extra pressure in 2v or 4v applications. Every short block is inspected, balanced, and assembled in house at JDM Engineering which limits delay time and keeps build quality to the highest standard. Each motor comes with a 1 year no detonation warranty and when properly taken care of, will last you a lifetime.

This same rotating group is used in our 302 E stroker short blocks however with a 05+ Mustang block which is a stronger casting that handles up to 900 HP. If your looking for a short block that will handle more than 600 HP the 302E motor is the way to go and we can help you get a great deal on that as well. Please contact a sales associate today for any questions or details about these or any Team JDM engine!

Thank you,

Jim D'Amore III
JDM Engineering
732-780-0770
[email protected]

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Low boost is relative to the 600 HP mark, so basically what ever level of boost keeps you under 600 HP at the engine. Most cars that would be about 13-15 psi boost max.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Do you offer this engine in the s197s block for the 900hp rating?? 600 just doesn't seem enough to justify a whole new engine...

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes we do this is in the last paragraph of my post above....

This same rotating group is used in our 302 E stroker short blocks however with a 05+ Mustang block which is a stronger casting that handles up to 900 HP. If your looking for a short block that will handle more than 600 HP the 302E motor is the way to go and we can help you get a great deal on that as well. Please contact a sales associate today for any questions or details about these or any Team JDM engine!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well we are offering them now for $4295, the price of the blocks are crazy right now. If you have a core to return then its $3500

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good shortblock now and I have a few concerns. I've been wanting one built by a company of good rep and good qulaity. Jim, I believe your company fits thats bill nicely. But to the concerns.......

Most companies sell shortblocks with similar components or lesser components and push more power than 600hp. Is it rated 600hp crank, so be on the extra safe side for your warranty? The 302EF has manley pistons and h-beam rods.........those part can handle more than 600hp i'm sure.

Differences listed:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
JDM Spec Ring pack w/ Stainless top rings for better seal and longevity vs. listed file fit rings
Induction hardened journals and 8 bolt flange vs. nothing
JDM Spec custom forged CP pistons vs. the Manley pistons

So is it the CP pistons/rings and etc add tot he security to warranty 900hp?

I'm running a whipple 550hp kit, and I was considering to build a block like your 302EF, but similar builds claim at leat 700-800hp.

I didnt realize that Manley pistons were that weak.

I like some clarity I guess. Do you use ARP2000s on the 302EF's rods?
[/FONT]

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a good shortblock now and I have a few concerns. I've been wanting one built by a company of good rep and good qulaity. Jim, I believe your company fits thats bill nicely. But to the concerns.......

Most companies sell shortblocks with similar components or lesser components and push more power than 600hp. Is it rated 600hp crank, so be on the extra safe side for your warranty? The 302EF has manley pistons and h-beam rods.........those part can handle more than 600hp i'm sure.

Differences listed:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JDM Spec Ring pack w/ Stainless top rings for better seal and longevity vs. listed file fit rings[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Induction hardened journals and 8 bolt flange vs. nothing[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JDM Spec custom forged CP pistons vs. the Manley pistons[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So is it the CP pistons/rings and etc add tot he security to warranty 900hp?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm running a whipple 550hp kit, and I was considering to build a block like your 302EF, but similar builds claim at leat 700-800hp.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I didnt realize that Manley pistons were that weak.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like some clarity I guess. Do you use ARP2000s on the 302EF's rods?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The difference is the block.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Good questions! I too thought 600hp was a little weak. I'm sure its at the wheels, but still sounds a bit off when some guys with similar set ups are saying 750-850hp...

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM Engineering Inc.

60 Jerseyville Ave
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-780-0770
[email protected]

JDM ALUMINUM “302EF” STROKER
600 HP RATED SHORT BLOCK
(N.A. / Low Boost)

Looking to bullet proof your bottom end but don’t want to break the bank while doing it? In today’s tough economic times, when money is tight and the desire for horsepower grows by the day Team JDM has come up with a solution for you! Imagine being able to purchase and install a short block that will handle 600 HP and comes with a full 1 year warranty, all with in your budget. Check out this special below showcasing one of Team JDM’s latest creations.

281639_10150274748125139_121068375138_7551649_1065193_n.jpg

Retail Price:
$2995.00 (does not include freight)

- Rated for 600 HP/ 1 Year warranty
- Fits any Ford Modular 2v, 3v, and 4v applications
- New Ford production Aluminum 4.6 block 3L2Z-6010-AA
- Forged Kellogg 3.800” stroker crankshaft
- Manley H beam connecting rods w/ ARP fasteners
- Manley Forged aluminum pistons
- Custom file fit rings
- Speed pro NASCAR bearings
- Fully blue printed and balanced

JDM Engineering is proud to release a new line of short blocks designed to beef up and increase cubic inch displacement for naturally aspirated or low boost 4.6 modular applications. The new Team JDM bottom end comes completely assembled with forged components and is ready to handle up to 600 HP. A Ford Racing 4.6 Aluminum block from the 03-04 Mach 1 Mustang is used to house the forged rotating components. Kellogg’s 3.800” steel forged stroker crank rotates the Manley H beam rods and custom spec pistons. Compression ratio comes standard at 9.8:1 but for no additional charge, only wait time, Team JDM will build any compression you choose. Special Manley file fit rings and Speed pro NASCAR bearings help keep plenty enough oil pressure for the extra demand of 3v engines, as well promote extra pressure in 2v or 4v applications. Every short block is inspected, balanced, and assembled in house at JDM Engineering which limits delay time and keeps build quality to the highest standard. Each motor comes with a 1 year no detonation warranty and when properly taken care of, will last you a lifetime.

Thank you,

Jim D'Amore III
JDM Engineering
732-780-0770
[email protected]

I was always told our block itself is rather strong and can handle more than 600hp...?

Read the part in bold, they aren't using an 05 and up block.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The difference in the power level rating on our shortblock and others out there is the block. What we are using is the Mach 1 aluminum 4.6 which is a different casting and part # than whats in the 05+ mustang. This block will not handle much more than 600 HP at the engine so that is what we will warranty it for.

The rotating assembly that is in the kit is the exact same as is whats in our 900 HP rated verison that we have always used in our 302E shortblocks.

We use ARP bolts in the rods and they are the same in the E as in the EF.

Let me know if you have any other questions guys!

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
So basically, you are saying a 05-10 aluminum isn't good for 600hp?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks to me he is saying 900HP for our blocks and 600HP for 03-04 Mach 1 blocks is the main diff.

Your correct, the 05+ blocks we rate for 900 HP and the Mach block for 600. The 05+ mustang block is the strongest 4.6 alum production block Ford ever designed. Even better than the teksid blocks.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I was under the impression that mach 1/ cobra 99-01 block were stronger than that. Learn something every day.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The mach 1 block is not the cobra block, the cobra block is a teksid block. It is equally as strong as the 05+ block but the 05+ block has better oiling capabilities and better webbing design.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Thank you on the information. Sorry to clutter up ur thread, i was just curious bc your shortblock is the price range i was looking for and i wanted it preferably from a shop of ur caliber. I like to know as much as i can about the 302ef.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back