Jim III and smart people

05xgt

Reaction score
The only thing I could find was that it is relative to the cooling charecteristics which in turn prevents over heating.Also by reversing the rotation current flow is also reversed. This doesn"t mean that Polarity is reversed, just the direction in which it flows. Diodes are made for current to flow in one direction. Kind of like the same principal that a water pump works on, the impeller will move more water, faster, and more effectively cool, opposed to when it spins in the opposite direction. Hope this helps. Also changing operating range rpm's will also affect output.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine spins in either direction. Apparently built into the stock pulley is a clutch that only allows it to go one way. We dont have that in 8 rib kits

So then it would appear that the only reason you need the Saleen tool is to take the stock pulley off the stock alternator so that you can have the altornator spin in reverse. Makes sense because all I needed to swap pulleys was a 15/16 socket and a impact ratchet.

From the thread I posted in JDM's section:
The only thing I could find was that it is relative to the cooling charecteristics which in turn prevents over heating.Also by reversing the rotation current flow is also reversed. This doesn"t mean that Polarity is reversed, just the direction in which it flows. Diodes are made for current to flow in one direction. Kind of like the same principal that a water pump works on, the impeller will move more water, faster, and more effectively cool, opposed to when it spins in the opposite direction. Hope this helps. Also changing operating range rpm's will also affect output.

This makes sense but I have to admit the stocker lasted over 3 years spining in reverse. There were several long drives I took in on too, 1K miles + from GA to TX to WI back to GA and from MO to TX and it was never an issue. What actually happened to mine seems to be one of the barrens let go and then the regulator failed and fried everything. With all the issues people have had with the stocker I am surprised mine lasted as long as it did.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back