JPC 3V intake any good?

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
How good are these manifolds? I have one of their cast powder coated black ones on my GT and was just wondering if there was anything better out there for my boosted application. I've read some articles and it would seem to be one of the best, but I'm looking for anyone on here that may have real world experiance with one.
Thanks,
Steve

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure.

But this doesn't seem like a post worthy of the tech section. Asking about part A vs B is chit chat
Know the difference please

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
The cast version of the JPC intake laid down 381 rwhp and 316 lb-ft of torque for a peak gain of 14 hp and 9 lb-ft. The JPC intake's graph is slightly peakier than the graph with the stock intake. The JPC intake makes more power in the higher rpm range, but shows gains and losses in the low to mid-rpm range. At one point, the JPC is down by as much as 7 hp and 8 lb-ft, but a few hundred rpm later, it's up by 17 hp and 18 lb-ft.
The JPC Racing intake manifold was designed for high-rpm operation. It doesn't give up a lot of power and torque, but for optimal results it should be used with a combination that will see 6,500-plus rpm.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
How good are these manifolds? I have one of their cast powder coated black ones on my GT and was just wondering if there was anything better out there for my boosted application. I've read some articles and it would seem to be one of the best, but I'm looking for anyone on here that may have real world experiance with one.
Thanks,
Steve

Looking at your sig, I have to ask, what are you trying to do with the car? You seem to have a nice setup, tuned by one of the best shops out there. I don't have there cast version, but I do have there sheet metal version and love it.

What are you spinning your motor to? With 127550 cams I have not found an RPM limit with my intake. Car still makes power past 7500 RPMs. These intakes like RPM period.

Can you post your dyno sheet?

Carbuff91

forum member
Reaction score
The car shifts at 7,400...I'm going to be building the a new motor this year and hope to get it in the sub 10 second zone.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like my Hogan intake....

HoganIntake1.jpg~original

Really high $$$ but also the best go to John Marcella.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127750&highlight=marcella

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm really really surprised that Kevin would set your tune up to shift at 7400 on a stock block with a turbo. I would just let them send your sb down to MPR, get it built and not change a thing. If you want to get rid of the intake I'll come pick it up tonight though lol.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
whats the hard limit on the factory pcms rpm capability?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back