Just added the Mention user mod.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can now mention users in your posts when you feel its necessary. All you have to do is add the @ in front of the username - @Shaggy - and it will send a notification to that member that they were mentioned in your post so they can find it easily. You can also shut off any notifications like this on your usercp if you don't want to be notified either.

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
I want a built engine for Christmas @Santaclaus

Edit: Didn't work, He must not be a lurker on here :(

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I looked under my user CP for the place to turn it off and cannot find it. I looked at 'edit options' first and a couple other pages, can't figure out where it would be categorized.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@skwerl , I thought there was an option to turn off the notifications. I'll check the modification thread where I downloaded it and see if there is one.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
In the meantime, please stop using that on me just to piss me off. I already stated I didn't want it. I can follow the forum while I'm on the forum, I don't need email notifications from the forum when I'm not on the forum. Especially for stupid, inane crap like this. This isn't Facebook or Twitter, quit trying to turn it into that crap.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WTH...Yes sir!! I didn't do it to piss you off. Did it to let you know I am looking for a fix.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I like how on some of the other forums it'll pop the usernames as you type them. Some of you fools have interesting usernames with too many numbers/characters to type

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's find out.

Brian, did you get tagged again?

LOL!

Nope, it just notifies me that my post was quoted. Just like you got notified as I just quoted yours. ;)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I was able to turn off the 'receive notification when your post is quoted' but still cannot find anywhere to turn this thing off.

On the other hand it's just a fad feature and in a few weeks it will be forgotten. The other possibility is that it will be used as a weapon to antagonize and harass other members and the management will eventually disable it after multiple complaints.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
And now I'm getting notifications when a post of mine is quoted. Please allow me to turn off this unwanted noise.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back