Just added the Mention user mod.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My feelings on the matter aren't much different than everybody else here, I'm just a lot more direct about expressing my displeasure. Very few will be willing to say what I say but many will agree with me after I say it.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
To be fair, he did ask us if we wanted this feature. A good number of U.S., including me, thought it would be a good idea. I just didn't know we would be getting an email every time something happened.

Edit: Haha! *us

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To be fair, he did ask us if we wanted this feature. A good number of U.S., including me, thought it would be a good idea. I just didn't know we would be getting an email every time something happened.

Hey hey hey....stop bringing reason and logic here!!! WTF?????

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
If he wouldn't listen to Dave, why would he listen to anyone else.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Over on NYM we have it setup so when a user is mentioned they get a notification when they log on to the forum, not an email. I think that would be a better thing than emails all the time.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Where are #'s
Hashtags. Another twitter contribution to the interwebs.

I think if the extent of the notification was the notification link at the top of every page, nobody would be militant about this. There would still be people yelling about "NO NEW TAXES," but there would probably only be one or two people like that, not the horde of three that complained about the emails.

I, for one, like user tagging. It allows people to direct their friends to a thread that is relevant to their interests without having to go through the process of pming. Helpful on active boards, for sure. I don't care if I get an email about it, because I get a bunch of emails already, so what is one more in a mass of 30+ a day? But I can see how somebody might get mad about an extra email notification on their phone if they live in the stone ages and don't have rules set up for their inbox with notifications turned off for forums emails.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't know how much more down you can get held. Is under a possibility?

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't shut this mod down just because skwerl was disliking it. I shut it down because I do agree you guys that don't want it should have the option of turning it off and didn't want this to be abused until I got that option in.

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
Its a cool feature. I like that tapatalk gives me notifications if my post is quoted.

It would be cool if this was a forum notification instead of an email notification though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its a cool feature. I like that tapatalk gives me notifications if my post is quoted.

It would be cool if this was a forum notification instead of an email notification though.

it did that too, at least non-mobile

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back