Just got 4.10s installed but got a ?

white07

Reaction score
When I re-tune my car for the 4.10s with my x-cal do I just need to change the rear axle ratio? or do I need to change the tire revs/mile? Im figuring that the tires revs/mile are for bigger or smaller tires but im just making sure.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doug usually sets his tunes up to allow you to change tire size with the X-cal but I don’t think you can change the gears. You will have to get him to make you a new tune with the 4.10 gears.

Earl

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I re-tune my car for the 4.10s with my x-cal do I just need to change the rear axle ratio? or do I need to change the tire revs/mile? Im figuring that the tires revs/mile are for bigger or smaller tires but im just making sure.

I did a search on SCT and it appears to be just a 4.10 gear input needed. If you change tires to a differnt size then input the rev/mile. Do a check to finalize the question if you can. Most of our highways are labeled down to the tenth mile here.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Doug usually sets his tunes up to allow you to change tire size with the X-cal but I don’t think you can change the gears. You will have to get him to make you a new tune with the 4.10 gears.

Earl

Could be true. You will see right away when you hook it up and try it!

white07

Reaction score
cool. thanks guys. I put the question up first on mustangforums and the guys were just shooting the shit with me asking me questions. Ive been dieing to drive the car all day to break it in but I wanted to make sure everything is straight.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cool. thanks guys. I put the question up first on mustangforums and the guys were just shooting the shit with me asking me questions. Ive been dieing to drive the car all day to break it in but I wanted to make sure everything is straight.

haha...we're a rough bunch BUT we try to take issues seriously. I assure you..once this is answered for you the thread will turn to shit.

white07

Reaction score
I just got back. I went driving beside my sister at 65 and it seems like it is on. Im running 65 at around 2500rpms. Does that sound right?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just got back. I went driving beside my sister at 65 and it seems like it is on. Im running 65 at around 2500rpms. Does that sound right?
I have an .xls somewhere here. I'm on the laptop. I will see if it's here....(it will give you rpm's/mph)

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so then..tell me: You like the 4.10's? Any whine?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You gotta stay on top of things. Us post whores are quick with these things.
u must not be drinkin'... too on top for my liking....i coulda posted the real deal NOT a link hahaha

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You answered your own question. Tire Revs/Mile are just for a tire size change. If the only thing you changed was the gear then that is all you need to change in the X-Cal.
white07 said:
I put the question up first on mustangforums and the guys were just shooting the shit with me asking me questions.
And you expected something more out of that joint? :naughty:

white07

Reaction score
so then..tell me: You like the 4.10's? Any whine?

from the mile or 2 I just drove it and not beating the shit out of it yeah i think I like them. No whine from what i could hear. My buddy who works at ford did them for me. It was his first time doing gears but he had someone giving him tips when needed.

I got the gears for free, my ex-gf bought me the gear install kit, and my buddy did it and told me not to worry about paying him. So I guess getting a $500 job done for free I LOVE them.

I also just got blackouts which are on there right now. I just got my clear corners in. I got my new bumper in the other day. Now im waiting for hood pins and in a few weeks ill either have ordered or received tinted windows, black bullits 18x9 and 18x10. And I will have the grill that puts your headlights beside each other.

Here is a pick as of now. You will see why the new bumper is needed.
PictureBlackOuts.jpg

white07

Reaction score
You answered your own question. Tire Revs/Mile are just for a tire size change. If the only thing you changed was the gear then that is all you need to change in the X-Cal.
And you expected something more out of that joint? :naughty:

lol. Yeah well I just wanted to make sure so I figured I would get a second opinion.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back