Just got my aeroforce gauge have question about numbers

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed the aeroforce interceptor gauge and am monitoring commanded a/f ratio and knock sensor. The a/f ratio is in the 14's at full throttle and 11.94 while coasting in gear. How do these numbers look?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
you need to read lambda. afr is a conversion, lambda is a real reading not converted. you want 1.00 at cruise and idle and .84-.85 at wot

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I saw the lambda but didnt know what it was for. I have the other setting on knock sensor and the numbers actually move so i assume it's reading it. Unlike some settings where the numbers stay at zero because there are no readings.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I keep mine on actual AFR. I know Lambda, but I like seeing the AFR reading.

LAMBDA RANGE:
(.050 to .249V)LEAN RANGE
(.250 to .749V)STOICHIOMETRIC RANGE
(.750 to 1.000V)RICH RANGE

Stoichiometric, or Stoich for short, is when a gasoline engine is in an operating range where most of the oxygen in the O2/Gas mix is burned off. Since it's not a perfect world, there is always some O2 left for the O2 sensors to read. If there is a lot of O2 left, the O2 sensors will read below .450 volts (Lean condition) and cause the PCM to add fuel. If the O2 left over is too little, the Lambda value, or voltage, will read above .750 (Rich condition) and the PCM will command less fuel. This is on an N/A vehicle. All these numbers change when you go F/I.

But when we are reading AFR numbers, you want the new 5.0L to see 11.8-12.3 at WOT, it will jump around in the 14's at idle and when cruising, it will jump around from 13.x to 14.7. The PCM will try its best to keep the AFR at 14.7, which is the "perfect" mixture of air and fuel....14.7:1....but like I said, it's not a perfect world. What you really want to pay attention to when you have an aftermarket intake and tune is the WOT AFR and Timing numbers. Again, this is on an N/A vehicle. All these numbers change when you go F/I.

Last edited:

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured out what platform to use after about a half hour of messing with it. I kinda figured the knock sensor didn't work since the number wasn't changing lol.

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
I've been monitoring sensor 1 actual a/f ratio and after getting hard on the throttle and letting off quickly I notice it jumps to 28.** and freezes for a second until returning to the 12's. Is this okay or should I be worried? The car is not tuned and I only have a drop in k&n filter and gt500 axlebacks with boss hpipes opened baffle.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Like already mentioned monitor lambda. I have been comparing it to my Sct logs and it is right on. The af readings are way off.

jsnyng

Reaction score
I've been monitoring sensor 1 actual a/f ratio and after getting hard on the throttle and letting off quickly I notice it jumps to 28.** and freezes for a second until returning to the 12's. Is this okay or should I be worried? The car is not tuned and I only have a drop in k&n filter and gt500 axlebacks with boss hpipes opened baffle.

That's normal as far as what the gauge reads. Mine goes to 29.29 when getting off the gas quickly. If you just tap the throttle just 1% it will show it's actually in the 12-13 range.

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Okay cool. I just wanted to make sure cause that's really lean. Is there a way I can monitor lambda with this gauge using the same obd harness?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back