Just got my MGW!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is set to 3 as well, which seems to be the sweet spot as it shifts great.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had mine at 7 with a 4" sypdershaft, couldn't go more

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
WarFords you should let me try that shifter sometime.

Brewster

forum member
Reaction score
I have mine at 6, as it's my daily and i didn't want it too aggressive.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
question for all of you, were you noticing it being notchy before. And if so, is it better with the MGW. Pro 5 on mine is notchy

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Mine was set at 6-7 I think.. lowered it down twice to 4. It's pretty good now. I think with a WOTbox I will be able to hammer out some shifts pretty easily.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I started out at 5 turns out and was having difficulty getting into 1st and reverse. Adjusted it to 3 turns out and it's almost perfect.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Pretty easy. Its literally just one nut you have to remove and the shaft pulls out. I would go by the instructions though and always turn it to "0" first and then out to whatever number of turns you want. It takes maybe 10 minutes if you can jack the car up fast and know the right size wrench.

Also I would recommend 4-5 turns at first and run with that for a week or so. You should at least let the shifter wear in a little before you change it up. Take it out a few times at your absolute max throw and then go down from there. High RPM and low RPM shifts are a must. I know my car used to hate high RPM shifts so with the shifter at a low position and short throw setting it was horrible... daily driving was a pain since it took a lot of effort to throw at a slow speed and it wouldn't shift too well at high RPM. I tightened up my K-member brace and torque limiters along with setting the turn at 3 or 4 I believe and its great. I would like to set it up at 10 once I get my WOTbox just to see how that goes but I probably wont keep it there.

Have fun installing it though its definitely a PITA to get through the hole right lol.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Never done a shifter before does the driveshaft need to be disconnected to do this? Seems like it would be in the way.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
^^Agreed

Having another set of hands helps as well. You have to wiggle the shifter in from the top and try not to destroy anything while cramming it into a hole.... like anal sex.

But you can do it on your own... the shifter will be a pain in the ass for at least 15 minutes and then magically fit when you're about to throw it across the room.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
lol sounds like your typical job on a car then. Thanks for the info.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Got mine in yesterday. Install is a breeze. Just put the boot on the shifter before you put it in the car. I put it to 5 turns out and will probably adjust it to 3 or 4 at some point. I found the hardest part was getting the linkage back in after the shifter was secure, so you may want to slip it in while everything is still loose.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back