Just put the CDC on

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
I just put the cdc classic spoiler on and I love it. I'm debating if I should get it painted or not though. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure if it's worth getting painted considering the pothole situation in NYC right now. Odds are it's gonna scrape or get chipped pretty quick.

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I'm thinking too. I used to have the gt500 air splitter and the bottom of it was scraped up like crazy.

I gotta say, I can't believe how easy this thing was to install. Snapped right in took like 15 minutes to put in. Props to CDC.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Another vote for unpainted on a black car.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've decided to leave as is. I'll probably take that money and put it towards a set of badly needed long tubes :)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's black grained plastic for a reason. I don't think it was ever designed for paint. I haven't liked one single painted CDC lip spoiler I've seen.

Mine is black grained plastic just as it came out of the box. The same way Ford would have installed it. I think it was designed for a trim level that never saw production.

chrismakk69

forum member
Reaction score
I love the way it looks painted - I just think it's gonna end up getting scratched up and chipped so I'm probably just going to leave as is. I want to put the money I save towards a set of longtubes :)

Back