KB Boost A Pump Install

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have the wiring they tapped into (colors if possible) where they put a 40amp BP into the GT fuel system. I'm going to have a walbro 405 in stock hat with wire upgrade (thanks jermeyh) and set of 1000cc injectors in stock rails with stock returnless lines for now. I landed the BP for a good deal so why not use it was the thought.

Also after its in how does one really see if its working as it should (kinda hard to be sitting on the fuel pump watching voltage whilst tearing down the street!:whistle1:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
You're going to have to test the wiring harness in your car for the correct wires. Ford's totally inconsistent with wire colors, even within the same model year.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its in the instructions. For 05-09's 99% of the time it's a solid white wire, seen a few yellows and a few greys over the years though. Either way its always the solid color wire on the far left side of the fpdm plug. (If your standing at the back of the car looking at the FPDM/FPDM plug its YOUR left, the most outboard wire, towards the driver side of the car).

You can bench test the bap and wiring at key on with a fluke (mulitmeter). If everything is good you should get 12volts at the relay input and up to 17 volts at the bap output(depending on where you have it dialed.) For a goal of 600hp with a 405 pump I would maybe start out with it turned down to 14-15 volts. If you dont have the controller, that's fine, either way as long as the bap is wired to feed into the fpdm. The pcm will use the fpdm to modulate voltage to the pump and only send the voltage needed at the time to the pump based on the load and fuel requirements.

Last edited:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
On my '07, the proper wire was purple. On a buddy's '07, it was green. You never can tell.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back