Kenne Bell question

stangz4lyf

forum member
Reaction score
I want a S/C!! Can I put a stage 2 kenne bell in my car with a completely stock block? Or I am I destined for disaster? According to the Kenne Bell website you can, but that website is a little deceiving because they also make it sound like you can put a mammoth s/c on a stock motor too. I just wanted to know if any of you guys were running the stage 2 kit, and what kind of HP numbers you were gettin. Thanks alot.

bigastrk

Reaction score
Its a ticking time bomb but if you run it softly you should be able to make it for a while till you can build or buy a forged bottom end.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We have installed numerous Stage 2 kits on S-197 cars with stock motors.

We tune them safely to around 460-470 rwhp. We keep the air fuel ratio around 11.3 - 11.5

You will be fine with that kit.

Last edited:

zirks80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All i know is i am at 10# and when i take it out i run it pretty hard. No problems with the engine at all had it on for about 21,000 out of the 23,000 miles on the car.

jason0156

Kenne Bell Time
Reaction score
I had Stage 1 with 10.5 psi pulley on stock engine, stock auto for 10,000 Miles. Then added the Stage 2 throttle body for 6,000 miles the boost went to 11.5-12.5psi. Now I took my engine out and bought a Mammoth. It's all in the tune.

Never had a issue with the engine on the stage 1 or 2.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We actually ran a 2.8 mammoth on a stock motor. It was making too much power to allow to leave the shop. So until the customer can save up enough money for a built motor, we installed an actual UNDERDRIVE crank pulley to create less boost and less power.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
We actually ran a 2.8 mammoth on a stock motor. It was making too much power to allow to leave the shop. So until the customer can save up enough money for a built motor, we installed an actual UNDERDRIVE crank pulley to create less boost and less power.
HAHA That's actually a damn smart idea! I agree with the other guys its all in how good the tune is.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I understand a lot of Roush TVS guys are doing that too.

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
I had Stage 1 with 10.5 psi pulley on stock engine, stock auto for 10,000 Miles. Then added the Stage 2 throttle body for 6,000 miles the boost went to 11.5-12.5psi. Now I took my engine out and bought a Mammoth. It's all in the tune.

Never had a issue with the engine on the stage 1 or 2.

So the new throttle body moves 1-2 psi's worth of air?! Anybody know how much air that difference is? Sounds like the equivilant of going from a 650-750cfm carb...

Has anybody stood behind one of these blown cars on a dyno just to feel the amount of air being pumped out the exhausts? I did many years ago with my buddy's '69 Mach 1 (351W 4bbl and 3" duals). The air out of just one exhaust would flap your pants leg at 15 feet! This experience gave me a fine appreciation for the term cubic feet per minute!

Brian

racevert

ZKiller
Reaction score
Th stock throttle boby flows 890cfm, stage 2 flows 1400 cfm, but only flows 1000cfm thru the manifold. The mammoth flows 1650cfm. the limiting factor on the stage 1 and stage 2 is the manifold.

I Gained about 34 Rwhp with the change of the stage 2 Throttle body.

I have the KB Stage II TB and I had the exacty same results. I love this TB compared the the 890 CFM stocker. I believe the TB is 1450 CFM.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
KB is awewsome.....like somone saiod the difference is it the TB....I have the stage 1 with 6 psi non interooled(for now) stock tb and I love it...wither or you're not gonna go wrong with KB.......if you're gonna order directly through them,take a day off when you're about to call......the phone line is aaaaaaaaaalways bussy

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
KB is awewsome.....like somone saiod the difference is it the TB....I have the stage 1 with 6 psi non interooled(for now) stock tb and I love it...wither or you're not gonna go wrong with KB.......if you're gonna order directly through them,take a day off when you're about to call......the phone line is aaaaaaaaaalways bussy

Have you tried anything else? :thud:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Have you tried anything else? :thud:
Not on my car...but I've driven stage 2 procharged car 10 psi that I was going to trade the KB for before instaling it and I was disapointed.......and Yes I bet you I drove a lot more cars than you did.....anyways....this is the second thread where you're being a dick and trying to pick up a fight with me...any reason....or you are just being a shitbag.....I dont know what kind of FI you have but he's asking about KB which I have...that's why I'm posting my 0.02$...if you have something to say about it please do,if not...:stfu: and...let's not highjack the guys thread!....NASTY:handjob:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back