Key in Ignition Alert Sound

Feshdogg

2008 E-Force Bullitt
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep my car from 'ringing/beeping/chiming' (whatever you want to call it) when I keep my key in the ignition and open my door?

I am sick of using my keychain in the car because the ignition is so friggin' close to my knee. I want to just keep the spare key in the ignition and not have to deal with it anymore. Is there a fuse I can pull?

Thanks!

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
I know theres away to shut off the seat belt beeping idont know about key in ignition though...

Redfire427

forum member
Reaction score
I looked high and low to try and find a way to kill the chime and came up with a big FAIL. The chime is mounted to the circuit board behind the gauges and I did not want remove it and end up destroying something. What annoyed me was when I was cleaning the car, the chime was constant. What I ended up doing was installing a rocker switch on the drivers side sail panel. When I throw the switch, it powers up my Pioneer AVIC and I can operate all its functions and also leave it on during a car show and there is no key in the ignition. This was a solution for me, but your question is a little different.

wdkingery

@ home installer hero
Reaction score
my experience with that

i got very mad at that friggin noise once, on a 2001 v6. you are correct; it's like a little speaker on the circuit board. this one was down next to your left foot as a driver, fortunately i guess. well anyway, if you fill the little hole on that speaker with rtv and put it all back together, you get very very very light chime; you actually have to stop and listen for it.. if you are getting in and out you'll never hear it.
it worked for seat belt noises, lights-still-on noises, and key-still-in noises

i miss it dearly on my s197. yes i looked it up and found the instrument cluster makes the noise.
i had the instrument cluster just a few screws from out just a month ago; i had to take the plastic steering column loose to tighten the steering wheel adjustment thing.. it's not really difficult. i think i remember starting around the headlight switch with all the plastic stuff. a few screws.

i'll eventually "fix" this one too; it was coming up soon. i cannot stand auto locking doors, re-locking doors, automatic lights, beeps for dumb things. i think once in my life, on my 05, i did hear a beep and determined the trunk was popped, and flopping a bit, but there was a corresponding light in the dash, so the beep really wasn't needed. i'll photo it with my phone when it happens, if you havent done it.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back