Kiddo on the way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasFive.0

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, first one....pretty excited, yet terrified.... Baby is due in june and the shotgun wedding is in 2 weeks... I need to get out of my stang and get into 4 doors. I'm sure ill catch shit for this bit can't be any worse from the shit I've gotten the past 2 weeks about knocking a girl up before marriage. Could a kind fellow member please tell me how many posts I need to place an ad? All I'm reading in the for sale rules is not to complain about price, post whore, and proper identification in pictures. I must've over looked it. I've got the car for sale on Craigslist and some other forums. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
You don't need a 4 door to raise a child! When my daughter was born (19 years ago), I had 2 cars in the driveway - a '68 Pontiac GTO & an '89 Mustang 5.0L LX, both 2 door cars. Baby carseats fit fine in the back of Mustangs - just a little tight. Keep your '13 and the baby; they will get along just fine!

Jyard

Jyard
Reaction score
My son is almost 2, and I've used the backseat of my car just fine. It might be a pain in the ass to get them in and out of the car, but it beats having to sell in my opinion.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Keep the car, I have two kids and when they were little and I had no problem riding number one around in a Honda CRX and number two in a '92 Trans Am.

Tell your girfriend/wife to get the 4 door car or minivan.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Ive got a little boy (my first) due at the end of march. The Mustang is paid for, and not going anywhere...

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
Good luck and keep the car.

All Mustangs with a back seat have child seat anchors for a reason now days!

TexasFive.0

Banned
Reaction score
LMAO!! It's not so much the space I'm concerned about, it's cost. Insurance for me on this thing is stupid high because of my driving record. The monthly payment is higher than I'm comfortable with especially with the uncertainty of exactly how the taxes will change Jan 1. So I'm more interested in getting something cheaper across the board (payment, insurance, gas).

Keep the car, I have two kids and when they were little and I had no problem riding number one around in a Honda CRX and number two in a '92 Trans Am.

Tell your girfriend/wife to get the 4 door car or minivan.

Wife drives the GXP in the sig. TBSS is long gone (sold 5/19/12)

Last edited by a moderator:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Congrats! Just heard my 2nd child's heartbeat for the 1st time this week and get to do the ultrasound tomorrow. You will be fine man,don't stress.

GhostPsalm

Reaction score
Just had our first, 5 weeks ago. GET YOUR SLEEP NOW....lol. I didn't know what that meant when people told me months ago...and you don't need 4 doors.

Family comes first! Good luck in your decision mate and congrats!

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
just had my 4th on the 9th. you'll be fine.

And don't sell the mustang. Thats just panic when people do. family vehicle and daddy daily driver. It keeps you sane.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
You don't need a 4 door to raise a child! When my daughter was born (19 years ago), I had 2 cars in the driveway - a '68 Pontiac GTO & an '89 Mustang 5.0L LX, both 2 door cars. Baby carseats fit fine in the back of Mustangs - just a little tight. Keep your '13 and the baby; they will get along just fine!

Brian FTW. :thumb2:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
If your driving record is the problem, have you contacted your insurance company to see about ways to get that dropped?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since our Friend Timmy aka Texas5.0 seems to have anger issues - he'll no longer be joining us.

All the best to him and his bride to be, wishing a healthy and happy baby for them, :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back