Koni Backorder

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

LOL.

Hell, ground control uses Koni's. Best of both worlds. Although, I believe someone stated the valving in their yellows are not exactly as the off the shelf ones. But it's not something I would worry about.

Something I'd worry about. I'm no GC fan. I have used their stuff--hell I *used* to sell it. I quit because they are such a headache to deal with. But just last month I was dealing with two different 2nd gen RX7 owners. Both had GC coil-overs. Both were told that their rates that were recommended were what ITS cars run....... and they have different rates, by about 100 pounds at each end.

Reaction score
Lol, let me pull a politician move by retracting my statement and changing my words around: "I wouldn't worry about it because I'm not using them."

I try not to put something out there unless I've had some experience with it. What I was thinking was, "how bad could it be?". But then again, I haven't used their products.
So :asshat:me.

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
Just sent Koni another email. Last time I emailed them in January they said they had no expected date of release.....

froman6

forum member
Reaction score
The thing I'm pissed about is MRT has had my $800 since November and all I have to show for it is a set of rear shocks!

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
I just got a response... same as last time.

From: "Mclaughlin, Paul - ITT Motion Technologies" <[email protected]>
Date: March 22, 2010 7:27:26 AM CDT
Subject: RE: KONI-NA website contact

No word yet, sorry for the delay.
Paul McLaughlin
Koni Shock Absorbers
ITT Corporation
Racing Technical Sales Rep.
1961A International Way
Hebron, Ky. 41048
800-922-2616 option 6

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Well folks. I've gotten my shipment confirmed. Shocks are in production, and a bunch will be airfreighted to the US.

I can only speak for myself, not for other vendors. I know I was Koni's first phone call, and I know my suppliers are getting the vast majority of the struts arriving in the states. Looking like I'll not only be able to fill all the pending backorders I have but also have some left to sell too.

Flash_of_Yellow

forum member
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! Hopefully mine can get shipped out as well. I was just in the middle of pondering if I should install the Ultra-lite on my stock struts for my first track day next month. Now I think I'll hold off and do it when they get in.

As said above ^^^^ WOOT! :highfive:

krispyrob

Reaction score
SO EXCITED!!! I've been sitting here waiting to order... I ALMOST just gave up and bought the complete Ground Control suspension kit today! Glad I didn't... even though I've read tons of really great things about them... I have a feeling that a strut made specifically for our car will have better dampening characteristics than an insert (possibly) designed for something else! I'll be placing my order tomorrow!

07VistaChicago

forum member
Reaction score
I was actually coming to this thread to say I had given up and bought a set of Tokicos from TomHurricane off of Mustard because I was sick of waiting....hmmm. Now the choices....

Did some research this morning and contacted KONI:

I'm pleased to say YES they are in route via air from Holland! Stand pat.
Paul McLaughlin
Koni Shock Absorbers
ITT Corporation
Racing Technical Sales Rep.
1961A International Way
Hebron, Ky. 41048
800-922-2616 option 6

Last edited:

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Seems to me that's what I just told you.... Isn't it? ;)

You want to make the car better? While you are in there changing dampers--dump those crappy springs.

A quote in an e-mail from a customer just last week:
"......here in South Jersey.I've received my springs and mounts. Can't believe how good the ride is over the BMR." We used Steeda's on his car, in this case Ultralites. Sports ride even better!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back