Last hurrah at Atco

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Next weekend is the last scheduled weekend for test'n'tune at Atco for 2011. Wanted to see if anyone's interested in running? Haven't decided if Saturday or Sunday is better but looking at weather.com it should be the ultimate mineshaft air day. Both days are looking like low 40's for air temps so if you can hook, it should be a great day to try for a new best.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tempted for Saturday.....

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
can i push?

Doh! By the way...my car just happens to have a 4r70w in it now. Didn't pick up but .1 at the track from it though. Part of the issue is that Precision messed up on the restall of the converter..I wanted 3200 rpms since I make my power down low but it turns out that it's stalling around 4100 rpms. Quite consistent now though.

1stdaywithauto.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i didnt pick up anything my first time out, eventually got .2 better the first day i kept trying. Had to work to see what the converter and trans liked for launches. jsut under stall at 3000 seemed best

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i eventually picked up .4 with no other changes to the car.

.6 once i changed the boost, but that lost the motor as you know.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I may run my race fuel tune this weekend which will put me in the 10's but I want 10's on the 93 octane fuel. Over the winter I'm hoping to do cams to raise my power band higher and that will compliment the converter stall.

I'd also like to try my LCA's back at their stock position so the car will squat again. I couldn't do that with my last 4" driveshaft since it would hit the tunnel but the new one is 3.5" so I'll have no clearance issues now.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you can do it. I was running 10.4 on 93 octane!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I believe you have quite a bit more done to your car. I have stock heads, stock cams, VCT locked out and that combination is killing me. Sure it's keeping everything safe but I have no power above 5700 rpms.

Once I do cams and degree them, that should make a big difference up top.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
$20 to get in the gate.. but I still have to pay for fuel & tolls for the GT to go over an hour drive up (50 miles each way) $20 roughly.. fuel & tolls for the truck to follow with the slicks & tools to change them.. another $35 if I had to guess. I usually pay for who ever drives my shit up & back to get in so that's $15, I think.. food, drink while we're there? I don't think I've ever made a track outing for less then $100. :roflmao:

Not bitching about costs (gotta pay to play) just clarifying why I need to see if the funds are there for a track outing this weekend. :beerchug2:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Ahh...didn't know it was that involved for you. I drive to the track on my race tires and I'm lucky enough to not have to deal with tolls and whatnot.

I'm actually hoping for Saturday myself so I'll have all day Sunday to relax. No rest for me this past weekend since I installed the auto in my car and I was at the track yesterday trying it out for the first time.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice work James.
Yanking the fronts FTW
I wish I had made it down.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Thanks to your tuning! The car has been running great...I think I've got an electrical issue to work out with my wideband though. It was throwing an E-8 code which it did last year when the sensor went bad so I put a new one in Friday night and it's still doing it. Over the winter I'll check to make sure the grounding is good and hopefully that will take care of it.

Shame you couldn't make it down Dave but family comes first. I'm sure Atco will open sporadically throughout the winter so you can come get some mineshaft air to run in.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on converter stall now?

Pushed send to soon, better wait for the cams before decide?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back