LAStang's Build Thread.......FINALLY!!

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Anyone here done a battery relocate to the trunk? Where did y'all ground the negative cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while Moonwalking

I connected mine to the other grounding point on the back side of the trunk behind the cover panel

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
I connected mine to the other grounding point on the back side of the trunk behind the cover panel

Perfect, thanks.

You're the man Scott. I don't know how I missed Todd's write up when I was searching.

Very nice weather must be getting better over there huh?

Finally, hopefully it lasts long!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
uhamyzat.jpg

Got home from work and got straight to the car. I've been busy lately with classes and traveling so I wasn't able to wrench on her much this past weekend.

Got the ProCharger crank pulley on and them came the mess of trying to figure out the tensioning method for this tensioner lol. About an hour later and I've come to the conclusion my belt is too big. I'd have to extend the bolt to the max before the tensioner will even catch along the belt. Gotta see what belt I need now. Another long delay...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Looking at the pic I can tell you that the brass nut needs to go the other way in order to tighten the belt.

FYI for anyone reading this the D1 came from me and it worked just fine prior to being taken off and shipped. It took me awhile to figure out the belt tightening because it's backwards of what would seem normal.

You will get it.

uhamyzat.jpg

Got home from work and got straight to the car. I've been busy lately with classes and traveling so I wasn't able to wrench on her much this past weekend.

Got the ProCharger crank pulley on and them came the mess of trying to figure out the tensioning method for this tensioner lol. About an hour later and I've come to the conclusion my belt is too big. I'd have to extend the bolt to the max before the tensioner will even catch along the belt. Gotta see what belt I need now. Another long delay...

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
This tensioner setup is for the birds Bruce! Lol

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get the Thump_rrr tensioner. That thing has been great for me. The tensioner you have to tight up with the bolt was a bain in my back parts.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Can you swap out any idlers for larger ones to take up some of your slack? If the belt is close that may be easier than buying a new belt.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
There is a thread here that list the S/C belt sizes. I gave a few Procharger numbers as I remember. Since you are 8rib, I may have what you need anything n my garage. I would use a new on though.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to give it another go this afternoon to figure this out, should be the simplest damn thing, but honestly it's not lol.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Very productive afternoon after work today! She's all done! Well sorta, I'm waiting on some coolant hoses and fittings I had to order. Should be in sometime this week. Pics of said work!

BTW as far as the tensioner goes, I had to move the idler pulley up one notch and found out there are three threaded spots on the back of the tensioner for the screw to go in. Good to go thank God!

ma7unu3e.jpg

hugynady.jpg

e7epy8yn.jpg

Back