Let's talk about cams...

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
How much faster could you possibly want? Is the PJ engine forged?

I don't even know how to answer this :p

I don't want to do much to the suspension, as I enjoy road courses too. I *think* I can get into the 1.5x range with slicks/skinnies. Currently in the lower 1.6's on 18" M&H dr's with 255/45 18's up front.

I think trapping 130 would be pretty sweet :evil:

Cookiemonster

forum member
Reaction score
I don't even know how to answer this :p

I don't want to do much to the suspension, as I enjoy road courses too. I *think* I can get into the 1.5x range with slicks/skinnies. Currently in the lower 1.6's on 18" M&H dr's with 255/45 18's up front.

I think trapping 130 would be pretty sweet :evil:

not gunna lie, Im a little jealous :p

just curious, as Iv never driven a car with a PD blower, how hard is it to keep the car balanced at part throttle? (going around corners :p)

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
not gunna lie, Im a little jealous :p

just curious, as Iv never driven a car with a PD blower, how hard is it to keep the car balanced at part throttle? (going around corners :p)

Very simple. There is power everywhere, so downshifting is minimized. Just have to squeeze the throttle rather than hammer it.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Primarily a street car that sees the drag strip and the road course occaisionally. I just want it to be faster :evil: I just wonder if/how much a better cam (for my combination) helps me.

I'm not seeing anything off the shelf that just strikes me as being so much better than what you have for what you are doing. Maybe a custom grind would help a little but at what cost.........

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything off the shelf that just strikes me as being so much better than what you have for what you are doing. Maybe a custom grind would help a little but at what cost.........

I will ASSume a custom grind would help, but how much could I expect? Something to let it make power to 6800? More average power?

Thanks for your input SD...:beer:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Well....that same cam I recommended would "help" your setup as well but I think it might be just a bit too much. Since you drive yours on the street 90% of the time I think it would build too much cylinder pressure with the shorter duration numbers of the 127400.

A custom cam would be a bit more radical than what you have now so you would have to decide what you are comfortable with in the compromise between street manners and more power.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back