Lets talk glass

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
What in the hell should I use to clean the inside of the glass on my 13? I tried it today with a clean microfiber and Invisible Glass and all I did is make it worse. Between the streaking and the contortions I had to go to even reach all the way down on both front and back makes me want to scream. I thought I had the back done pretty nicely, and then I drive home tonight, and there are just streaks everywhere. Goddamnit. :owned:

claudermilk

Reaction score
For the front, I ran across a video where the guy pointed out he sits in the passenger seat to clean the glass. It does help--you're doing a lot less contortions around the steering wheel.

When cleaning the inside glass, I use a clean microfiber and spray a couple of spritzes on the towel, then wipe down the glass. Then flip the towel and wipe the excess. If I use too much, there's still minor streaks, but NOTHING like spraying on the glass directly then trying to wipe it all off.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Yeah, getting the glass completely dry is the only way to avoid streaks. I usually end up using 8 or 10 small microfibers to clean the glass once. I spray right on the glass for the first pass. Second one if there was shit left behind. After that, it's light spray on a clean cloth, then a clean cloth.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I use Stoners with a waffle weave cloth. A spray of Stoners on the cloth, wipe down, flip to the dry side and go over it once again. After this I follow with a soft polishing cloth and I get minimal if any streaking.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Best thing for class:

A waffle weave microfiber. Distilled water and rubbing alcohol. Spray it on and wipe the glass down. You have to use some oomph to clean it initially. Fold the towel to a clean side and spray it again, wipe it again with less pressure. Even if it dries, distilled water and alcohol will dry clear on clean glass. Stoners is great, but this 1/10th the cost. I use it every day on customers cars.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Best thing for class:

A waffle weave microfiber. Distilled water and rubbing alcohol. Spray it on and wipe the glass down. You have to use some oomph to clean it initially. Fold the towel to a clean side and spray it again, wipe it again with less pressure. Even if it dries, distilled water and alcohol will dry clear on clean glass. Stoners is great, but this 1/10th the cost. I use it every day on customers cars.

What mixture? 50/50?
Safe for tint?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't even need to be that strong. I eyeball so I would say I probably go about 1:8 - 1:10. Won't hurt tint since theres no ammonia

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
Been using water /vinegar mix (60/40) since I was in the scouts,
many many years ago.
This mix and newspaper leaves no streaks and the newspaper
polishes the glass.
Cannot beat the price.....

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm ... I'll have to give that 33^3 mixture a shot. 10/1 mixture of water and tear free Johnsons baby shampoo works pretty well. And like someone else already said, hit it from the right side.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
May sound weird, but V07 works great. I spray it on the window, wipe down till its dry and then I flip the microfiber and give it some more passes. Allows the water to flow off easily on the outside too.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back