Lets talk glass

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Newspaper and the Invisible Glass seemed to work pretty well. Sat on the passenger side to get the windshield done. Just need to do the rear one now which I dread.

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
Newspaper and the Invisible Glass seemed to work pretty well. Sat on the passenger side to get the windshield done. Just need to do the rear one now which I dread.

as a detailer myself I have always struggled with glass. The only formula I have tried and gotten streak free results I wanted was using the adams polishes glass cleaning towels! I use invisible glass with them but I'm sure anything would work well. its all in the towels!! I got this tip from clarity auto detailing in Houston aka the best detailers in the world!

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
as a detailer myself I have always struggled with glass. The only formula I have tried and gotten streak free results I wanted was using the adams polishes glass cleaning towels! I use invisible glass with them but I'm sure anything would work well. its all in the towels!! I got this tip from clarity auto detailing in Houston aka the best detailers in the world!

I live about a mile from them. They always have bad ass cars in there.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score

Can't be any better than newspaper. Seriously. Try it.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
thumbs up for ONR, I use a waffle weave towel and ONR and it is clear as a bell, I use ONR for almost all interior as well, great product.

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
i've tried newspaper for the longest time but as it breaks down it leaves traces behind of the paper and what not and eventually shreds and what not. these adams towels are amazing and washable!

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
i've tried newspaper for the longest time but as it breaks down it leaves traces behind of the paper and what not and eventually shreds and what not. these adams towels are amazing and washable!

Use a new piece each time :roflsquared:

You're using WAY too much cleaner if you're breaking down the newspaper that bad. Or not enough newspaper.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Coffee filters work pretty good as they don't leave fibers behind. I prefer the feeling of them over newspaper as well.
That being said, I use a cloth similar to what Bullitt3309 posted that my wife got me from one of her multi-level marketing schemes. With a glass roof, I have tried just about everything and that cloth trumps them all. I keep it in the center console.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have never heard of using coffee filters. I may have to try that.

I am a newspaper man myself. Can't beat the price!

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I start with a Mr Clean pad and water. Use it to remove any oils and dirt on the glass. Follow with a clean MF cloth. Then a new MF cloth and your favorite glass cleaner and a separate MF cloth to wipe it down . Then another round of a fresh MF and glass cleaner and wipe down with fresh MF for a streak free finish. Works every time.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
i always go over it again with the damp microfiber i used to clean it, after it has dried for a bit. then i go over it again with a dry microfiber to remove lint and get rid of the rest of the streaks/residue. i use an invisible glass type product

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
i just got a bottle of rain-x's x-treme clean. But thats if you have tons of waterspots or hard to clean grit and grime since it applies like a paste. The best part of it is that it removes the rain-x treatment off the glass. Other than that i just use invisible glass and a paper towel as a first pass then hit it again but use a microfiber towel to wipe off.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back