Level 10"Bulletproof" 5r55s w/Billet Convertor

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
REDUCED!

For sale is a Level 10 "Bulletproof" 5r55s with Level 10 Billet convertor. I bought this transmission in February 2014 when my stock unit broke. However my car had no motor in it for about 6 months last year due to my motor build. I don't DD this car either so the tranny realistically has maybe 2,000 miles or so on it. They rate this unit to hold 1000hp, see the website: http://www.levelten.com/product_p/mustang%20transmission.htm

When I bought this unit I had a stock motor with a P1SC1 Procharger making 440 rwhp. Since then I built a stroker motor with F-1A, which is why I'm selling this 5r55s to upgrade to a 4r70w that will hold more power reliably. I have $5,000+ invested in the tranny and billet convertor, asking $2,500 plus shipping for both. I will also have available a TCI ratchet shifter (asking $350) and DriveShaft Shop one piece aluminum DS (asking $550), all for this combo. I will not separate at this time, only will sell with the tranny and convertor or after the tranny sells. The unit is still in my car, if anyone is interested I can take them for a ride to see firsthand how well it shifts, etc. I would need a few days to remove from the car and ship after payment.

Edit: Just remembered I also have a PA SFI flexplate for this, paid $600 asking $350 shipped, again either with the tranny or after it sells, will not separate at this time.

EDIT: I took my car to the track last weekend and this tranny did not want to shift from 1st to 2nd. I'm currently working with Level 10 to correct this issue. It shifts perfectly driving around town just has this issue under WOT. The price has been reduced accordingly.

Mods I had to get a little creative with the pics since the unit is still in my car..

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
A couple pics of when I received it last year on the pallet from Level 10, and also pic of the 10" billet convertor.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
REDUCED! $2,500 plus shipping for tranny and convertor. Price drastically reduced due to recent issue with the unit not wanting to shift from 1st to 2nd under WOT. It shifts perfect driving around town, etc. I'm currently working with Level 10 to try and correct this issue but will sell "as-is" for $2,500 plus actual shipping.

Here's a copy of the invoice:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Level 10 believes the shifting issue is tune related, something to do with the traction control system, as well as commanded shift rpm. There's a good chance this unit is in perfect condition! Soon as Lito sends me a new tune I will verify.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
mid-week bump! Still available, still in car, I can take anyone local for a drive to confirm proper operation, or videos can be done too.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Has the issue been figured out yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat from level 10 says it's all in the tune, says it just needs to be adjusted to compensate for the higher power level. Lito and I made some adjustments but the problem is I can't really test it to see if the problem is fixed or not unless I'm at the track since the tires just blaze away on the street. That's why I wasn't aware there even was a problem since I just brought it to the track for the first time with this motor a few weeks ago. I tried to run it last weekend on a back road and it did hit the rev limiter but not on the 1-2 shift, that time it was the 2-3 shift. I have no way to confirm if it's hitting the rev limiter from tire spin or from the tranny failing to shift. I don't want to bounce my motor off the rev limiter again though under boost, that's very unsettling. Maybe I will pull the blower belt and see how it runs and post that up tomorrow.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I pulled the blower belt and tested it out, the transmission shifts 100% perfectly under these conditions, the car is slow, lol, but the tranny shifts fine. There may very well be nothing wrong with it, but rather just in need of some adjustments for the higher power level as Pat said.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
This 5r55s is still in the car and has been working fine, my new 4r70w is supposed to arrive tomorrow though, so this 5r55s will probably be out this weekend and available along with a DSS aluminum DS and TCI ratchet shifter...I think I may miss the firm auto shifting this one does, my new one is MVB..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back