level 10 thoughts and opinions

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I recently had a bad experience with level 10, but before I get into details about it, I want to hear from anyone who has dealt with level 10 and what kind of experiences you have had.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with them. I had one of their transmissions take a shit on me and I brought it to them to remove, repair and re-install the Pat Barrett signature trans. They had driven my car and blessed my JDM tune and said the car felt great. Hell Pat himself was in the car with me and said he was happy with how it felt and liked the job JDM did tuning the trans. Very next time at the track, the trans took a shit again. When I called back, I was given the run around until I gave up. I put a stock 5R55S in it from the classifieds on this board and have run 11.1's and hot lapped the thing running 11.2's and the trans has been strong. I have run up to 20 passes at a rental and the trans never skipped a beat! So I don't know what Level 10 did or didn't do, but I wasn't impressed nor will I go back to them.

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
This sucks to hear. I know alot of people on here curse the 5R but to be honest i love having my 5 speed. I was looking forward to sending my trans to them to have it rebuilt while i did a short block swap but i guess i need to keep looking or hope some one can figure out a way to get the new 6 speed to adapt to our cars.

zipperhead

Reaction score
To balance the universe... I had mine rebuilt at Level 10. No issues at all. Pat was very cordial and showed me everything that was changed or altered and sent me pictures as the transmission rebuild was progressing. I plan on going back this year for a re-stall

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
The only problem I had with them is the used parts they sent me. Supposedly the rear planetary hub doesnt break, but mine did, in three pieces right at the oil holes. I had pat send me a new one with a new output shaft. Not only were all the parts used and dirty, but the part that never breaks was cracked right at the oil hole, and the output shaft was for a 4 wheel drive. He also told me that the tci servos leak and the stock ones are better. I thought that was a big problem with the 5r55s was the intermediate servo? Pat has been more than helpful with any questions, it just seems their quality control is shit.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Funny this thread is here as one is for sale in the classifieds. lulz!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back