Little driveshaft help here please.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
coast is around $700. and looks the same as the others.

shaftmaster says are rated at 9866 rpms. rone of the others say anything
I dont see why they need to rate a driveshaft for a certain rpm . Speed or hp maybe but not rpm. And wow those Coast ds sure have gone up . I thought I paid like 500 of 550 for mone from Jegs . It was ordered as a Lakewwod ds and they sent me a Driveshaft Shop unit and not knowing them at the time I sent it back to jegs and they sent me another Lakewood ds that said Coast ds on it so I kept it . Lakewood told me that they do not build their own but the use other suppliers that build to there spec. LOL! So I kept the coast unit.

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
Give shaftmasters a call. They are very nice and will answer all your questions. After talking to them I ordered my driveshaft and it was machined, shipped, and arrived in less than a week. I highly recommend them. A+++

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont see why they need to rate a driveshaft for a certain rpm . Speed or hp maybe but not rpm. And wow those Coast ds sure have gone up . I thought I paid like 500 of 550 for mone from Jegs . It was ordered as a Lakewwod ds and they sent me a Driveshaft Shop unit and not knowing them at the time I sent it back to jegs and they sent me another Lakewood ds that said Coast ds on it so I kept it . Lakewood told me that they do not build their own but the use other suppliers that build to there spec. LOL! So I kept the coast unit.

thats my point, some stores offer different shafts but are the same. but prices are killer lol. i was talking to the guy at the shop and said he would make me one just like the spydershaft for around 300 and to give him a call on january 5, he said he could get someone to do a bad ass one for like 600. i think shaftmaster would do the trick for me.

the lakewood from jegs is $646

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
thats my point, some stores offer different shafts but are the same. but prices are killer lol. i was talking to the guy at the shop and said he would make me one just like the spydershaft for around 300 and to give him a call on january 5, he said he could get someone to do a bad ass one for like 600. i think shaftmaster would do the trick for me.

the lakewood from jegs is $646
Damn they got proud of that thing!

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont see why they need to rate a driveshaft for a certain rpm . Speed or hp maybe but not rpm. And wow those Coast ds sure have gone up . .
im concern about this because. with higher gears, the car would be at higher rpms when crusing. and if there is a vibrations this would be a pita

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i've been running the powerhose for around 8 months , bought it used from a guy on here never had a 1 problem with it and i run it up to 120+ all the time fwiw i've never heard of any1 having probs with them either but they also have some others that are a lil cheaper but after all the horror storys of vibration i just went with what i knew worked .....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back