Little project, making oem centercaps fit aftermarket wheels

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just snagged some more caps off ebay. Gonna do the last 2 wheels here soon. Then take some pics on the car.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Found this...

GlueGuide%20550x851.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks roper, guess I will have to keep an eye on it! And pick up some of that epoxy.

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Center caps look awesome, its little mods like that that are the most rewarding

Gorilla glue is some serious stuff, I mounted a shelf with it, its still holding up even with winter coats hung on it.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
+1000 for the Gorilla Glue Epoxy. I use that stuff for all types of home repairs, especially anything to do with wood or plastics!

When I got the wheels I have now, the Mustang center caps sat all the way into the center hole. However, the outer lip of the Mustang caps stopped the cap from looking counter sunk by a half inch into the wheel. That lip made the center cap flush with the hole in the wheels. So I just took off the tires, sat the Mustang center cap into the hole, taped it to stay there and used a high strength glue stick and glue gun I bought at Lowe's to glue the caps into the new wheels.

I've driven on them that way for about three months now and haven't lost one. They aren't loose at all either. This has been through rain storms, 140mph blasts and the cold of winter. The only thing that sucks is that any time you have to get the tires balanced, the caps have to come out. But that glue comes off the caps pretty easily.

Soon, I won't have to worry about it though. I'm going to buy a set of RTR's as soon as they're back in stock.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeremy,

Man you do good custom work. :thumb:

tigerhonaker

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update these have been on the car for 2 years now no issues and thats with the impact tough gorilla super glue.
Just moved them over to my new wheels. ;)

20130302_120152_zpsf4bf0a82.jpg

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice new wheels! What brand/model/size are those? They look great. Those are my favorite center caps as well. One of them main reasons I bought the CT-Rs was that the stock Ford center caps fit! But with your skillz, you can make the Ford centers fit ANY wheels! Nice job.

This mod may come in handy if I ever have to replace my CT-Rs since they discontinued them several years ago.

DRs058.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brady! Thes are the 2013 GT500 replicas. I fell in love with them and couldnt resist. Still like the ford gt replicas as well just couldn't resist changing it up lol

Back