Long Tube Headers and Emissions?

G-mann

Reaction score
Just passed the Texas State Inspection Today. Since this was my first test (2012 model purchased in May of 2011 making it a 2yr old ride) all they did was the safety inspection and did not plug into my OBD Port, not that it would have mattered since I have not thrown a code since I was dyno tuned. I was looking forward to having the results from a full test but it only cost me $14.50 and I'm good for another year.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
J...all they did was the safety inspection and did not plug into my OBD Port, not that it would have mattered since I have not thrown a code since I was dyno tuned.

This is not always a true statement. Just because your car isn't throwing a code doesn't mean it will pass a full OBD-II check.

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Just passed the Texas State Inspection Today. Since this was my first test (2012 model purchased in May of 2011 making it a 2yr old ride) all they did was the safety inspection and did not plug into my OBD Port, not that it would have mattered since I have not thrown a code since I was dyno tuned. I was looking forward to having the results from a full test but it only cost me $14.50 and I'm good for another year.

Turn your key to the run position and let it sit for around 8 sec's, if the check engine light starts to flash the car is not ready

Jetag93

Reaction score
In tx it's all about the area u live in. Counties surrounding Hou, DFW, & Austin require ObdII checks.
Other counties don't.

G-mann

Reaction score
Turn your key to the run position and let it sit for around 8 sec's, if the check engine light starts to flash the car is not ready

Thanks for the quick test tip.

It stayed solid and was the only light on until I turned it into the off position. I ran the test twice for 10 seconds each with the same results.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back