4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
drop in your 05 motor when your new one goes in haha

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't think I haven't considered that Ron. The problem is that my 3V engine wouldn't fit between the shock towers and if I loose the shock towers then I loose my cool street force coil over suspension.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After doing some research of my own, and listening to the advice of Kevin, Larry and some others, not to mention the PIA it is tring to find a donar 5.0 in eastern WI, I've decided to go with a 351W block. I still want a S/C but the Kenny Bell is also just too much of a PIA to put on a 351W so for now its going to stay N/A. Larry H is going to build the short block for me with a custom Cam so that if I do put a S/C on in the future I'll be good as long as I stay under 8PSI. I go over that and I'll need a new cam. I know going this route will probably leave a lot on the table for this engine N/A but will probably save me money and time in the future by not having to change out the cam. Thanks to everyone for the good advice!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya, but I kind of just want to put a blower on it eventually just to have a blower on it. I may go the turbo route, but I like blowers so we'll see.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL it is but I am still thinking about it, Kevin makes good points supported but what I can find on the net.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, after reading Kevins advice, and emailing back and forth with some smart people I have FINALLY come to a decision. Larry will build me a wicked 427 stroker that will be N/A with higher compression and a aggrissive cam. I'm going to put some twisted wedge R heads on it, per Larry's advice. It will be mated to a T56 transmission. This time its final, well for the engine and trans at least.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ohh, again, thanks to everyone for the great advice, espically Larry and Kevin. I also got great advice from a buddy of mine, Mike Simon, but he really doesn't frequent and probably won't see this.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back