Looking for a good experienced tuner in Michigan area

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I live in sw michigan and I'm looking for a good local tuner or someone willing to remote dyno tune my 06 gt. Brenspeed, pauls hp, and livernois is already out. My current tuner is Jim sr. From jdm engineering but he is not willing to remote dyno tune and it will cost to much to take him the car every time I change something. My future plans include a 4r70w swap, e85 and supporting fuel system. My goal is to run a 9.99 or faster and run super stang class in nmra. Thanks in advance for any help.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Alternative Auto (586)949-7505 on Gratiot in Chesterfield. They have been the best mustang shop in michigan going back to the fox body days.

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I've come across many threads with his name in it. My only concern is him being from Venezuela. If something goes wrong well you know what I mean. Just makes me nervous not being able to meet the man in person.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've come across many threads with his name in it. My only concern is him being from Venezuela. If something goes wrong well you know what I mean. Just makes me nervous not being able to meet the man in person.

Good luck then.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Port Sheldon Auto located just west of Grand Rapids, MI - Ask for Cam Bogardus (616) 669-7230. He is very knowledgeable with blown Mustangs and E85. He tuned my car and few other local high hp Mustangs.

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Fact is, most tuners you meet face to face would tell you to pound sand if there was an issue. The thing with Manuel is, if there is an issue, it was macanical. He knows what he is doing and keeps it VERY safe unless you ask otherwise. I have pushed him on my setup and have not had any tuning issues to date with him. I think he would back what I am telling you. He also understands that if I make a special request in my tune, I accept full responcability. You cannot have both worlds in this situation. That being said I have to date only had mechanical issues and some of them could be pointed in the direction of the tuner if I did not know better myself. It is easy for people that push limits to put the blame on the tuner. That is not always the case. Just my experience and I would not tune my car any other way now. Just my experience. Good luck.

Last edited:

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
Port Sheldon Auto located just west of Grand Rapids, MI - Ask for Cam Bogardus (616) 669-7230. He is very knowledgeable with blown Mustangs and E85. He tuned my car and few other local high hp Mustangs.
Did I talk to you at 28th st metro cruise earlier this year? I remember I talked to two guys about a tuner in Hudsonville but could never find more info on the place. I was parked in the front row at rogers plaza. Blue stang with silver stripes.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I'm out in central Texas and the problem here is which tuner to go with because many of them are excellent especially if I'm willing to drive all of 2 hours. I'm still going with Lito once my Paxton and cams go in. The amazing cars on this board alone should speak volumes to you.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Alternative Auto (586)949-7505 on Gratiot in Chesterfield. They have been the best mustang shop in michigan going back to the fox body days.

My friend takes his '12 GT there, and only there. Going in March for an E85 conversion. Had Roush put the blower on, and then it went right to Alternative for the tune. Lidio is a nice guy, runs a nice shop, and does really good work. Not cheap, but worth it.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Did I talk to you at 28th st metro cruise earlier this year? I remember I talked to two guys about a tuner in Hudsonville but could never find more info on the place. I was parked in the front row at rogers plaza. Blue stang with silver stripes.

Yes - I thought I recognized your car from the pic in your sig. I will send you a PM with my number.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back