Looking for Salvaged S197

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a salvaged title either GT or sixer - doesn't matter. Just looking for a good deal. Motor is not important and minor body damage is okay. I just need a starting platform for a new build so I'm just looking for an RC as cheap as possible.

If you guys come accross anything like this, please send the info my way.

Thanks,

Mark

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ill keep you psoted if i see anything mark

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The car is probably going to be built in Texas, so It doesn't have to be local to me. I'll take one from anywhere I can get it and trailer it out to Texas.

Again, I'm not concerned with paint color, interior, manual or auto, or options, etc, etc.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to build for 'real street'. Though it will probably be 90% trailer car, it needs to be streetable as well. + the program to get the white body from Ford is tough for an average Joe like me.

V

VSOP

Actually to get a shell is not hard at all.. there are a few companies that sell them to end users but the issue is they have no vin so they can never be registered for use on the street.

And here in FL long as you have a vin number and a title you can get a plate for the car which is what I love

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
That wasn't no shopping cart they backed into!!!!

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
I will shoot you a pm of a guy that might be able to find you one.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does this mean there is going to be an NEW CK build thread????

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a salvaged title either GT or sixer - doesn't matter. Just looking for a good deal. Motor is not important and minor body damage is okay. I just need a starting platform for a new build so I'm just looking for an RC as cheap as possible.

If you guys come accross anything like this, please send the info my way.

Thanks,

Mark

here's one 4 u (body in white) really primer http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/forsale/index.cfm

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
here's one 4 u (body in white) really primer http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/forsale/index.cfm
Already has the floor cut out Mark! Just think in 3 or 4 years of working nights and weekend, you'll have that baby finished!:beerdrink:

A little time has passed, so it has likely gotten a little better, but when I was looking anything that wasn't either suspect or outright damaged was waay overpriced...

There was a pretty regular stream of front hits on Autotrader though...

Given your location (CA), if you haven't already (and you want a VIN'd/streetable car), then you might want to check into the requirements of Cali for bringing in out-of-state salvage titles. MA had some requirements like over it must be over 7500 miles (unless it had the CA emissions package) and in theory it has to be inspected in 7 days of bringing it into the state which means it basically already has to be fixed.

Good luck - that was not the fun part of my project... I was not ready weld 2 cars together - I have enough to do and little help already...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I didn't know. I better to stick to fiding something local.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I didn't know. I better to stick to fiding something local.
Who knows - sometimes MA eclipses CA in red tape. You should check - I just thought I would mention it as I was surprised to find that MA had a seperate process for bringing in out-of-state salvage titles...

It was certainly doable, but required some forethought and the 7500 mile non-CA emissions limit surprised me too.. I don't know what Cali does with that, but it would not surprise me if they had thresholds...

Then again it should be getting easier to find wrecks with more than 7500 miles on them now....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back