Lots of codes

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a harness problem to me. Probably a pinched wire somewhere. Those coil codes aren't a regular misfire code. Usually comes on when a coil pack is unplugged.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Dealer maintains they looked harness over, nothing suspicious. I guess we'll see. Turns out harness is only $185. Can't believe it's been since May over that.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
All done. Took a couple hours, not a terrible job, just tedious. Started at PCM and went through each connector and anchor in sequence. Guess we'll see if that solves it. If not I guess I'll replace the PCM.
9b9a5d7c9b45286dce442b9e77d22352.jpg
920c8df1daa8a48c612dfa4ff704694f.jpg
471df9ff144d95d5bdb4c268c86f7f05.jpg

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
2 weeks and no misfires, but I went for a month without after swapping injectors... So I'm keeping my expectations low. (Sort of like working with ford dealerships)

You still happy with that Truetrac? I'm thinking the traction lok is about toast...

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Just an update- did my first HPDE since the harness swap. No misfires on either day! I did get a P0420 on the way home, which is a catalytic converter code, but after running rich all summer I guess that's to be expected. Will probably just swap out cats over the winter, although I can't feel any loss in power.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Not surprising, the harness doesn't seem to hold up well to track use in all honesty. I know of quite a few Boss 302's who had the harness go bad on them. You can solve it by sending it to PRS and they will go through the entire harness and swap everything to military spec that will prevent it from happening again. I suspect that was one of the issues I was having with random codes and running terribly.

Zodiac

forum member
Reaction score
Just an update- did my first HPDE since the harness swap. No misfires on either day! I did get a P0420 on the way home, which is a catalytic converter code, but after running rich all summer I guess that's to be expected. Will probably just swap out cats over the winter, although I can't feel any loss in power.

I have a set of cats I took off my 2013 GT sitting in my garage if you need them and I'm local.

EDIT:

Didn't make it clear in this post, they are free if you want them. Just sitting there.

Last edited:

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Not surprising, the harness doesn't seem to hold up well to track use in all honesty. I know of quite a few Boss 302's who had the harness go bad on them. You can solve it by sending it to PRS and they will go through the entire harness and swap everything to military spec that will prevent it from happening again. I suspect that was one of the issues I was having with random codes and running terribly.

Thanks for the advice. I did read about this on a boss forum. Think it was $1000. I guess it comes down to how critical the usage is. If I had the money to race AIX, it would be a no brainer. For HPDEs I will probably stay on the cheaper route. Reminds me of the mantra "Mustangs are great cars, once you replace the engine and suspension and brakes etc etc"

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of cats I took off my 2013 GT sitting in my garage if you need them and I'm local.

EDIT:

Didn't make it clear in this post, they are free if you want them. Just sitting there.

Wow that's awesome! Thank you. I will send you a PM.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back