Loud GT500 engine tick - Problem Found and Solved

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nice to see one of these threads actually updated with the solution and even better that it's turned out well so far.

-Steve

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice to see one of these threads actually updated with the solution and even better that it's turned out well so far.

-Steve

Agreed.

I did a VERY in depth search on the specific tick sound that my car had. I found 10-12 different threads from various GT500/Mustang forums. All of the threads I found described the ticking sound I had to a T. Unfortunately all of the threads I found randomly just ended. The OP's never stated if they ever got it fixed or what the issue was. Some mentioned that the dealer replaced HLA's/Lifters but the sound didn't go away. I'm guessing the OP's from the other threads either gave up or traded their cars in.

-Nick

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Glad u got it fixed! Had the same issue right before my 2v spit a spark plug at wot. Didn't know the 5.4 suffered from same issue.

ReMustang05

forum member
Reaction score
Glad everything is good now. BTW, Techs don't make much at all off or warranty work.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Good deal, Nick. And spark plug holes are easily repaired, look at all the repairs done on the 05-08 3v truck motors. Remember they had an issue of spitting plugs out because they only had 3-4 threads of engagement. The helicoil repairs were better than new.

That was actually early 2v and 4v motors not 3v. The 3v had the plug break not spitted out.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it was fixed for ya and you are happy. Always good to see results when someone has a problem.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Glad u got it fixed! Had the same issue right before my 2v spit a spark plug at wot. Didn't know the 5.4 suffered from same issue.

The 5.4 4V in the GT500 doesn't have this problem, that's why this issue is so bizarre.

-Steve

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Same incident occured with my 07 GT 500 one year ago. The difference with my car was that it happened out of no where. I literally drove 5 miles to drop off my daughter at school. Walked her in came back started the car drove a block then a cel popped up and my car was sounding and driving like crap. Dealer fixed it so no worries.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back