Low Cost Coyote Build

REDS197

Reaction score
I have searched and need some help confirming some parts.

Boss 11:1 pistons+
Cobra rods +
Stock crank and block =
FORD ALUMINATOR

I HAVE SOURCED SOME GOOD PRICING ON THIS AND HOPE IT WILL HANDLE 800-850RWHP.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
4.6 and coyote rods are the same length center to center?

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
4.6 and coyote rods are the same length center to center?

Yes same rod bearing size same wrist pin size same 5.933" rod length same rod journal width too

FYI MMR even uses coyote cranks in 4.6l to make 4.75 stroker

Btw: OP it sounds like a nice plan for a motor

Sent from my iPhone 5S

REDS197

Reaction score
I am looking at Boss pistons for $500 and a used set of cobra rods for $400. With all the gaskets and bearings and rings this is about $1150.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I am looking at Boss pistons for $500 and a used set of cobra rods for $400. With all the gaskets and bearings and rings this is about $1150.

You know MMR sells a Manley Piston and h-beam rod combo for $1,150 that I am pretty sure comes with rings and rod bearings.

Just a option over used parts and 4032 pistons to go 2618 pistons

Sent from my iPhone 5S

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You know MMR sells a Manley Piston and h-beam rod combo for $1,150 that I am pretty sure comes with rings and rod bearings.

Just a option over used parts and 4032 pistons to go 2618 pistons

Sent from my iPhone 5S

There's nothing wrong with 4032 imo. Tighter clearances, no warm up needed. Ford sure has done well with them in the GT500 and Terminator.

OP: FYI you can get new Boss rods for about $180 shipped. How well are the Boss motors holding up to power?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with 4032 imo. Tighter clearances, no warm up needed. Ford sure has done well with them in the GT500 and Terminator.

OP: FYI you can get new Boss rods for about $180 shipped. How well are the Boss motors holding up to power?

I thought Ford and FRPP didn't have any more?

The highest I have seen a Boss motor go was RaceRat (Tracy's) Boss 302 and was somewhere around the 850 range that eventually let go at the track after 2 years and hundreds of passes at the strip and a couple of Mile events.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I thought Ford and FRPP didn't have any more?

The highest I have seen a Boss motor go was RaceRat (Tracy's) Boss 302 and was somewhere around the 850 range that eventually let go at the track after 2 years and hundreds of passes at the strip and a couple of Mile events.

Boss rods?

Some stocking dealers have them. I purchased 16 last night online just for future use. I recently got an unexpected bit of cash and decided some boss rods would be money well spent. I do this from time to time, buy parts for no good reason, lol. The boss rods are such a good deal that I'm sure I can always get my money out of them.

Now I just need to have the big bore or cammer block go on sale like they did a few years ago.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying some for future use as well when I have some free money available as well. I will have to ask around and see who still has them left.

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just listed some for sale FYI
Boss rods?

Some stocking dealers have them. I purchased 16 last night online just for future use. I recently got an unexpected bit of cash and decided some boss rods would be money well spent. I do this from time to time, buy parts for no good reason, lol. The boss rods are such a good deal that I'm sure I can always get my money out of them.

Now I just need to have the big bore or cammer block go on sale like they did a few years ago.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Boss rods?

Man bruce u are a gear head...u buy rods just for the hell of it lol.

REDS197

Reaction score

Steve at Tasca has everything for a Boss rotating kit. With gaskets and stock headbolts its $1450.

I live in Denver (5200 FT) and have a TVS with the smallest pulley. I only make around 620HP on E85. If the boss kit will handle 800 that's the decision I am making.

Last edited:

REDS197

Reaction score
I am not adding much power. I am just looking at building it before it breaks and doubles the cost! 9's would be nice up here but I don't think I will get there. Maybe???

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back