Lowered On 20's? Post Your Pics!

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
chiming in for the meaty goodness. im normally not a fan of so much meat. but this is a win

You being the stance guy you are (and given all the creative stuff I have seen you do), I really appreciate that! Especially considering this isn't really down your road at all... it's not even level. LOL Big cred to you, man... thanks!:beerchug2:

I think what I love so much about your Bullitt (and Mustangs in general) is that none of the changes are radical or over the top. A few thoughtful parts, good paint, a great foundation, and thorough suspension/tire/wheel choices take the car from "Oh look, another Mustang," to "SHIT! I almost rear ended that guy watching that Bullitt pass!"

:beer:
Thanks man. I have been a subtle changes guy all my life. Slip in under the radar but makes you curious. Funny you mention the rubberneck thing... a guy in a chromed out V6 almost did that yesterday in rush hour while he was looking at my car going the other way. I saw his tail lights come on and the nose of the car dive in my mirror. Nice confirmation I must be doing something right. I can appreciate chrome, it's just not for me. I usually end up painting it. LOL

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
You being the stance guy you are (and given all the creative stuff I have seen you do), I really appreciate that! Especially considering this isn't really down your road at all... it's not even level. LOL Big cred to you, man... thanks!:beerchug2:

:beer:
Thanks man. I have been a subtle changes guy all my life. Slip in under the radar but makes you curious. Funny you mention the rubberneck thing... a guy in a chromed out V6 almost did that yesterday in rush hour while he was looking at my car going the other way. I saw his tail lights come on and the nose of the car dive in my mirror. Nice confirmation I must be doing something right. I can appreciate chrome, it's just not for me. I usually end up painting it. LOL

flattered by the kind words but seriously, hats off to great and clean execution

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
tu2edaqy.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8

This is not a bad thing... and maybe it dates me a little... but I thought of a cylon when I see this. I love the look of the wide meats in the back. Car looks like a widebody... and very sinister.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks! :beerchug2:

Running Konis with what was called the FR3 Suspension package (basically K-springs with 1.5" front and back). BMR adjustable PHB. I cannot go any lower than that with these stupid NY roads, but it turns out I like the meaty tire look better anyway.

A more true statement could not be said... believe it or not, I am almost the farthest thing you can be from a photographer, and those pictures are unedited.

All I have to say is, this board is awesome.

I'll keep that in mind. Waiting to get my 20's and going with the "meatier" 285/35-20's before deciding if I want to lower it more.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I really wish people would adopt the basic standard across every other forum for this type of thread

Wheels - Brand & Manufacturer - R size, F size & offset
Spacers - if yes what size
Tires - Rear, Front
Suspension - what lowering springs/coilovers/airbags to give you that vehicle stance.

This would eliminate about half of the posts in this thread.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I really wish people would adopt the basic standard across every other forum for this type of thread

Tires - Rear, Front
Suspension - what lowering springs/coilovers/airbags to give you that vehicle stance.

Rotiform BLQ - 20x10" F 20x12" R
3mm Rear Spacer
285/35/20 F and 315/30/20 R
Airlift Suspension

nate4aza.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Tires - Rear, Front

Amen, brother!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dang those look tasty!

But what a change for the back ones !

Sharad gtfo... that looks so damn good.

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with them. One thing I didn't foresee was that they brake so well, I can throw them into ABS at any given time if I push the pedal hard enough. It's like you NEED sticky tires to get the full benefit of their braking ability. It's a cool problem to have. I couldn't even get them hot at Sebring! Then again, I was on street tires, so I couldn't punish the braking system too much.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm really happy with them. One thing I didn't foresee was that they brake so well, I can throw them into ABS at any given time if I push the pedal hard enough. It's like you NEED sticky tires to get the full benefit of their braking ability. It's a cool problem to have. I couldn't even get them hot at Sebring! Then again, I was on street tires, so I couldn't punish the braking system too much.

So how did you get those mounted to the rear? Did I miss this post?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The Baer kit includes everything such as the bracket e/brake mount.

Sharad, how is the clearance on the back with the AMR's? I want do to BBK all around on my 09, and looked at the Wilwood kit since it will fit under smaller wheels, but am also curious on the Baer kit with those sexy rotors.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back